cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop calls

Lester_white
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why does my phone drop calls quite often, especially longer calls??

Is that a Carrier issue?

7 REPLIES 7

dappertiem

Lester, if you have an iPhone, go into Cellular / Cellular Data Options / Voice & Data and set that to LTE (From 5G Auto). 

I was having calls drop constantly since April and so far this setting has fixed the issue. Give it a try.

Lester_white

Thanks. Do not see public mobile under network.  Just a couple of auto connect . 5G auto connect.

Lester_white

Thanks. Do not see public mobile under network.  Just a couple of auto connect . 5G auto connect.

Please let me know once you hear fro your ticket.

Lester_white

Please let me know once you hear fro your ticket.

Omer2023

Yes, it is service issue. I have also opened a ticket. Below is the latest reply from CS_Agent:

As you already noticed it, the Telus brands are experiencing technical problems in some Provinces /cities>>

A failure of voice services due to suspected hardware issue has been identified. Impacted customers are unable to make or receive calls or intermittency of all the services. Service Technicians have been engaged to investigate, there is no Estimated Time Resolution at this time.

So we will keep our customers informed about any update, once the issue will be fixed from our end services will automatically set back as normal with services fully working as normal.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Something else you can try is changing the Network Selection from "Automatic" to "Public Mobile". It helped me with experiencing less data drop off but my calls sometimes are still dropping at around the 9 to 10 minute mark. I personally have created a ticket and I'm still waiting to hear back but apparently PM is aware and investigating.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Lester_white seems like a network issue on PM side. Many people have same issue. You can try to reset networks in the settings or if you have the option to switch to 3G.

Need Help? Let's chat.