cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop call

Alisask
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have this issue , calls are dropping continuously.i have a bell sim card as well , i use that no issue at all , i tried the my public sim card in my iphone 15 same issue random call drop some time after 5 min, some time after 15 -20 min.

4 REPLIES 4

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This has been happening to me for weeks if not months. Users that mostly only use text/data or make short calls, will not notice an issue. The problem seems to only  rear it's ugly head on calls longer than 5min, in my case 9min.

The only workaround working for me is going back to using older phone without volte support. It's not fun.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is a temporary workaround that another customer found. If you have an old phone one that is 3g only it seems to fix the issue. Changing settings on a new phone to 3g doesn't work. Not the best fix but till they fix the network it may be your only way to have a working phone other then changing carrier's.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Alisask 

As for the call dropping issue, several customers have experience this problem.  It might be a Telus network issue since Koodo customers also are complaining online.  Public mobile is aware of the issue and escalating the issue. 

You can try the following fixes:

Manually select the phone network to 4G/LTE instead of Auto.  

Not sure if an iPhone issues, another online user suggested the following:

From a different forum (reddit, RFD), one customer had the following fix:

For iPhone:
settings>>>cellular>>>Primary>>>network selection>>> turn off automatic network selection and reboot

If that does not work, you may want to submit at ticket for CSA help.  Sometimes CSA can refresh your account on the backend and calling works better. 

dtbratt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe multiple users are having issues with dropped calls. Myself included.

I've reported it. Give it time and hopefully it improves with less dropped calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.