cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double billing

ellenp1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

please help me to get my money, I've been charge twice on the same date, Jan4 $21.47 & $28.25, Feb. 4 another $21.47 & $28.75 please I have only 1 account. My plan is the $25 pre authorize payment and I refer my husband.

17 REPLIES 17

ellenp1

YES, I check it and they debit the amount on his credit card already every end of the month

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ellenp1 

Have your husband log into his account and check the last 4 digits of the registered card on the payment page. Perhaps when he updated the card info it did not update successfully and he didnt notice. If this happened your card info would remain on his account. Does he have transaction on his card statement from public mobile for his plan amount for his recent renewal?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ellenp1

no,my husband use his own credit card, we have it before but we decided to change it since jan.2022

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ellenp1 , can you check to see if the extra charge is for your husband's account?  Did you activate your husband's account at the same time as yours?  You can check your payment details and plan details when you log into your "My Account" for your and your husband's account to see if they match what you have signed up for. 

If it is still not correct, you can contact the customer service of Public Mobile to verify.  The best way to reach them is to send them a private message by clicking on the icon that looks like an envelope that says "Messages" when you hover your mouse over it. And then click on an icon that looks like a pen inside a box to compose the private message and write "CS_Agent" in the "Send to" field and the issue as well as the details of your issue in the "Message subject" and "Message box" text boxes respectively. This is the only way to reach them as they cannot be reached via phone or email and you should receive an answer from them shortly.

Hope this helps.    

@HALIMACS wrote:

Maybe they elected to go with the new rewards points program, @softech 

@HALIMACS 

nah, then $1 referral becomes 1 point.. won't be deducted from the bill

so, OP would then get $25 - $5 (Christmas friend bonus)  = $20 .. won't be $19 + tax   🙂

Maybe they elected to go with the new rewards points program, @softech 

@HALIMACS wrote:

Actually, the $21.47 is easily achievable with the 13% tax rate IF the OP referred during the $5 referral bonus period.   Their $25 plan would have been reduced by $5 + $1 for the referral credits, bringing it down to $19.  $19 @13% tax is $21.47.

OP said she has "pre-author" payment.. then where is the $2 autopay discount?  

Actually, the $21.47 is easily achievable with the 13% tax rate IF the OP referred during the $5 referral bonus period.   Their $25 plan would have been reduced by $5 + $1 for the referral credits, bringing it down to $19.  $19 @13% tax is $21.47.

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I'm think one of the two $28 amounts is s typo.

we see the same..

but $19 + tax is a bit strange too. OP said "pre-auth payment", so, there should be $2 off, and $1 friend referral? or more than 1 she has?  

and Jan 4 and Feb 4? 31 days? unless the date on the CC didn't track properly? or typo?

@HALIMACS 

the $21.47 is $19 + tax 

$28.25 and $28.75 are both $25+ tax but for different provinces....  I wonder if it was a typo 

@ellenp1   can you login to My Account, check the Transaction history and provide  screenshots that cover the payment on Jan 4 and Feb 4?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

I'm think one of the two $28 amounts is s typo.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Following your approach @darlicious , the OP also has two numbers which vary.  The Jan value is $28.25 and the Feb value is $28.75.   The other number $21.47 is indeed odd.

So.... one appears to be a 15% tax rate, while the other is a 13% tax rate.

@ellenp1 , some clarity here would go along way.   Please help us, help you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ellenp1 

Let's see $25+$3.25(13% tax)=$28.25 The regular plan price without autopay.

$19+$2.57(13% tax)=$21.47 I cannot figure this one out logically to get this number?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ellenp1 

This sounds like one of two things:

1. If you activated in-store, it's 'possible' if the agent had a problem with the activation, that they may have inadvertently activated 2 separate account.   This has been known to happen when an agent runs into an activation problem.  (Did you activate in-store, or do it yourself online for BOTH yours and spouse's accounts)
  2. Could the 'double charges' simply be for yours and your spouse's account?  The amounts are different, so there may be cause to believe that's the reason if one account has certain credits that the other one doesn't.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ellenp1 

Do you and your husband both have accounts with public mobile that were activated on the same day? Using the same credit card? Or do you only have one account in your family unit?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ellenp1 wrote:

please help me to get my money, I've been charge twice on the same date, Jan4 $21.47 & $28.25, Feb. 4 another $21.47 & $28.75 please I have only 1 account. My plan is the $25 pre authorize payment and I refer my husband.

I doubt these are pending card transactions @VIP_Tech  (the first ones are from January 4th.

But @ellenp1  if you have one account and so does your husband should there be two charges on the credit card.

Whose plan is being double billed?

And are you seeing these charged in the payment transaction history on self serve or credit card charges only?

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @ellenp1 

Sometimes multiple pending charges will show during activations or renewals, but when the payment is cleared, the incorrect amounts disappear and then the real one remains.

on your Credit card is show two charges then get in touch with  Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.