cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

SHelleman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am being informed that I am using up all my data early, which never happened before. Most data usage is being registered btw 12midnight- 1am when I am normally asleep. What is going on? And what can I do to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

@esjliv wrote:

You cannot see the Data usage @Yummy ? Me Neither, in that Snapshot screen!!

But, what I did notice, if you download the information you will see all usage (including data) listed.

Kinda of a pain, that you cannot see it in the Snapshot screen though. 😒

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I can see data usage after downloading it. No comments... 🙄🤐

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SHelleman wrote:

Hi,

I am being informed that I am using up all my data early, which never happened before. Most data usage is being registered btw 12midnight- 1am when I am normally asleep. What is going on? And what can I do to fix this?

@SHelleman what is informing you? Is it a text by Public Mobile or is your phone set up to warn you when it reaches certain data limits, and perhaps cuts off or stops a certain point? 

Check your settings for this, if this is the case.

Most accurate of what you have remaining should be listed here, so go by this.

esjliv_0-1658527480999.png

If the texts/messages you are receiving does not match above, I would safely ignore those texts.

Now, as for data being used while you sleep. There is a small buffer amount, about 5mb that can show daily, but gets returned to you. If you toggle into/out of airplane mode does it reset your data in My Account?

If there is more unknow used data, ensure you check all the data settings on your device and all apps. Best to have data off when not in use anyhow to accidently burn up data. Weak wifi signals can do this if your data is on.

If you are really seeing large unknows ask CSA, but it is likely on a device issue, I'd say.

Methods to submit tickets to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA) found here: 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Hi @Yummy do not filter right a way when yiuvare in that page   Leave it on ALL, go next page for couple days.  Let say you went next page for a 5 weeks,  if you now filter data only, you will see the data for that 5 weeks.   It is a glitch I think 

But @esjliv was correct,  download and you see then all.  

@Yummy wrote:

PM is supposedly to use minuscule data every day but that is returned to you every day.

Strangely I cannot see my data usage day by day even though system says I used 13MB in this billing cycle.

Before PM redesign it was possible to see daily small data usage amounts. Very strange???!?!?

Yummy_0-1659722196498.png

Yummy_2-1659722222301.png

Why I cannot see when these 13.55MB have been used???

You cannot see the Data usage @Yummy ? Me Neither, in that Snapshot screen!!

But, what I did notice, if you download the information you will see all usage (including data) listed.

Kinda of a pain, that you cannot see it in the Snapshot screen though. 😒

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@SHelleman 

call *611 and press option 3 and you ned your 4 digit PIN and check it out.

if not post in your account contact to support team by CS_Agent

check out your device turn off background apps.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah this new interface has a bunch of bugs. I can't see mine either and randomly one time I sign in it says I have used about 80% of my data and other times it says 40% (which is the true amount) Hopefully they fix all these bugs.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM is supposedly to use minuscule data every day but that is returned to you every day.

Strangely I cannot see my data usage day by day even though system says I used 13MB in this billing cycle.

Before PM redesign it was possible to see daily small data usage amounts. Very strange???!?!?

Yummy_0-1659722196498.png

Yummy_2-1659722222301.png

Why I cannot see when these 13.55MB have been used???

Need Help? Let's chat.