cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage denied

phreg18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  I lost my data usage for over 1 month.  It keeps telling me to check my phone setting.  I checked it out but found nothing suspicious.  Mobile data was turned on.  I put my sim card on another phone also with mobile data turned on, it still did not work.  My phone monthly cycle should start at the beginning of each month, possibly the 3rd.  I believe the problem may not be on my cell phone or I used up my data amount.   My account number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.  Can I get any help please?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@phreg18 Log in to your self-serve account and look under My Add-ons to see if you have data available to use. If data is available, turn on data on your phone and it should work. If not, the issue might be related to APN settings in your phone. You can look up the correct APN settings at APN Settings Canada (gishan.net).

@phreg18 

I think @hTideGnow has hit on the nose....check your data usage settings in your phone. Do you have your data limiter set? ( Setting the data usage warning and limiter is a good thing) you just have to remember to reset them!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@phreg18 this is an open forum and we are just customer like you.  You might want to go back to your post, click the 3 dots and remove the account number

first of all, PM is running on a 30 days cycle , not monthly.  So, the start date keep changing and you might need to use 3rd party app to track data usage.

Logon to My Account, and you can tell when your next payment date.  Go back 30 days and you will know the start date of the current cycle.

Another thing, check My Account, the Overview tab, there should be a line telling you how much data you have for the month and how much used.  If you don't see a line like that, then they are all used up

It is also possible that on your phone, there is a Mobile Data monthly limit.  you might have setup that by accident and stopping you from using the data.  Let us know what phone you have and we can try to show you where to check

Need Help? Let's chat.