cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data meter on account

Jack34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

does anyone else find that the data meter on their account is very different from their daily data usage listed below?  and the data meter jumps up and down every day or so?   mine is about 5x higher than is should be according to the daily data usage listed on my account.  

12 REPLIES 12

Jack34

thanks for the undo 😊

I asked support for help and he said there was nothing wrong. 

I have been keeping track with my phone usage and it is the same as my PM Daly usage.  Just not the meter.  I guess I should assume it is ok!  
thank you for your help! 

@Jack34 wrote:

Apple.  And I was tracking it for a while (comparing what my phone said to PM) and that is when I noticed how odd it was. My phone and the daily usage are similar but the meter is often way off.  Last month it said I had almost used all my apsara and then the next day it was back to the expected usage.  I guess I could just ignore it but I wouldn’t want to go over.  

There isn't any way to go over than the data amount already loaded into your account.  If you run out of data, it will simply stop working, or in the case of plans that include unlimited data at reduced speed, just slow down.

@Jack34 

no difference.  what you see is the same.  So, if you are concern, just message support as advised above

Jack34

And maybe that is what is happening to me too. Thanks!

Jack34

I have the same plan and that so. I am not using the app.  Does that make any difference?

Jack34

Apple.  And I was tracking it for a while (comparing what my phone said to PM) and that is when I noticed how odd it was. My phone and the daily usage are similar but the meter is often way off.  Last month it said I had almost used all my apsara and then the next day it was back to the expected usage.  I guess I could just ignore it but I wouldn’t want to go over.  

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jack34 

I’m on $15 250mb plan, I have data off most of the time,  every time, I turn on my data, it see a jump of 50mb in the meter, o few hours after turning off the data, sometimes, the next day, the meter shows the correct data usage,

Open the website in Incognito mode, clean the app cache on Android or open the app and drag the page down to force refresh 

@Jack34 

I have undo the solution for you 🙂

Some did mention a 100Mb data issue like you said.  In this case, best to check with PM support.

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

But are you using iPhone or Android? 

if iPhone, you cannot track backward but you can start tracking now by Resetting the Statistics (and reset on the first day of every PM cycle so you can track it monthly after):

go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data, and tap Reset Statistics

iPhone-MobileData.jpg

If Android, it is even easier, you can change the "start billing cycle on" date to match your current PM cycle and you can compare how much usage you have used so far:

E-MobileData.png

Jack34

If that is the case, is there anyway to fix it?  Is the app more accurate?

Jack34

I hit the solution button by error.  I am not sure how to undo it 😆

I am not using the app and the data on my phone is often turned off.  There is no way I could have used the extra that the meter is showing.   I use very little data (1-5 mg per day when data is on) and an extra 100 mb does not make sense to me even with the one day lag.   

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jack34 

if by "daily data usage", you meant the Usage history page ( https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details ), then you have to understand that PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day. 

But the usage meter on the main page is relatively up-to-date.  So, that's why the Usage history page is about 12 hours or as much as 24 hours lags compare with the usage meter on the main page

Also, if you are using the app, the usage meter is a sum of ALL usage including the data add-on you have.  You have to click into Usage breakdown to see the usage meter regarding the current cycle's usage

For myself, I find PM's usage is quite accurate.  You might want to use the usage tracker on your phone to compare.  But let us know what OS you have (Apple or Android) and we can tell you what to do to get the most out of it 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jack34 

The data meter is not accurate during the day, at night or early in the morning, it displays the correct data usage, also there is sometimes caching issue with the website and the app, that cause this difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.