cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@cs_agent - Phone number not eligible for port - Why??

gghateslowweb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 
I've just paid for a subscription, go to move my number over to the account from my Koodo account (monthly charge not prepaid) and I get the error message "Phone number not eligible for port".
Why? What do I do from here? 

11 REPLIES 11

Sbrown33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After 4 calls with koodo I finally got an amazing agent who worked to get my number unlocked so it could port.   Don't give up, keep pushing until they fix it. 

Sbrown33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in the same situation and it is not a prepaid its month to month with koodo.

I have a temp number, account is activated, I did all the steps but still phone number is not eligible to port.  according to koodo is not on the local routing network.  either pm or koodo has to fix this.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @JJ25 

I have send you the phone number, check your Community inbox

Customers shouldn't be calling the porting department to start a porting request.  That department is for open requests.  When there's an error message about eligigitbility come from Koodo, the customer needs to follow the advice from earlier to create the Public Mobile account (if that hasn't already been done) with a new phone number and then go into Self Serve and reuqest the porting if the phone number is from a Koodo postpaid account.  If there is still an error message (or the number is coming from a Koodo prepaid account), a Public Mobile customer support agent needs to be contacted.

HI @JJ25 

I have send you the phone number, check your Community inbox

JJ25

Hello, I am having the same issue as above. Would I be able to get the porting team number as well? Thank you

gghateslowweb

Wow actually get to talk to a real person!?
Thank you for sending the contact for the porting team 👍

@gghateslowweb in that case, call the porting team in the morning and see if they have the porting request already. I will message your the porting team number to your community inbox

gghateslowweb

I already have a Public number, I've had the account for over a year.
I've just upped the subscription and paid, went to transfer my phone number and got the error.

I am contacting CS_Agent here

@gghateslowweb 

If you can go back and pick a new number still, I would pick a new temperory number first and request porting after either through My Account or message support for porting help

if you can not go back and change for a new number, then message support and have them to confirm and help with the porting:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

gghateslowweb

Given how **bleep**ty and slow this website is - maybe?
But I don't think so, pretty sure I just clicked once and the error came up immediately

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gghateslowweb 

if you got this error when trying to port from Koodo  Postpaid, usually this is because a porting request was already submitted and pending. Any chance you have requested porting already and you some home click Back and requested a second time??

Need Help? Let's chat.