cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creat an account

pboileau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to set  up my account. After entering my 10 digit phone # it said to put the 6 digit # sent to my e-mail, It never sends me the 6 digit #

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pboileau 

This is a common mistake by customers thinking they have to make an account first and then activate their sim card. Not to worry....use the link provided by @softech  to go to the activation portal. Before you start do the following:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode
  5. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or MS Edge work best.

Write down your email, password, 4 digit account pin number, security question and answer and put it away for safekeeping.

If you are porting in a phone number (except from KOODO prepaid, PC mobility and preferably a voip or landline should choose temporary number and contact customer support after activation to transfer the number....the latter can be done from your self serve account.)

You will need to enter the following info to port it in:

1. Full name on the account.
  2. Phone number to be ported in.
  3. Old provider account #.
  4. Alternate phone # (optional but can be used for verification purposes and in rare cases to contact you for complex or troublesome porting issues.)

Enter your friend's referral code and if activating with a $35+ plan the promocode 2GBBONUS on the 4th page of the activation portal.

Opt in for autopay during the payment process so you get the extra $2 autopay reward.

If porting keep your old sim card in the phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it or a landline you must call your provider to verbally authorize the port.

Landlines can take up to 7+ days to complete but usually within 2 business days. Mobile ports complete within minutes to a maximum of two hours.

Once replying YES to the PAT you can put the pm sim card in your phone and check that your services are working.

Welcome to public mobile!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@pboileau wrote:

ok I just tried set up my account, I puled the sim card from my phone and entered the 19 digits and it said that the card / is wrong

@pboileau   Do you currently have active service with PM?  Are you trying to setup a Self-Serve My Account for an active PM service?

Or you got a SIM card and try to activate?   If you try to activate ,  you should start from this line:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

while you activate the line, it will ask you to setup the Self-Serve My Account credentials as well.

Yes, you need your 19 digits SIM card.  Make sure the SIM is brand new and never activated.  SIM card that was activated before, even the service was cancelled, can no longer be used for new activation. 

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

To finish creating the self serve account....at least after an in store activation you must enter your phone number to be texted a 6 digit alphanumeric code to finish the set up with your password and security question and answer.

HI @darlicious   that makes sense.  I was wondering why OP was saying the code sent to email address.  At least you confirmed to me that the code is TEXTed to the phone not email.  thanks

@pboileau wrote:

ok I just tried set up my account, I puled the sim card from my phone and entered the 19 digits and it said that the card / is wrong

Hi @pboileau   the 19 digits is the IMEI number.  Why you need the IMEI number now?  It only used when you activate your account.  Have you activate your account yet or you are just activating now???

pboileau

@hTideGnow 

To finish creating the self serve account....at least after an in store activation you must enter your phone number to be texted a 6 digit alphanumeric code to finish the set up with your password and security question and answer.

@pboileau 

Did you activate online or in store? Or have you not activated yet?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pboileau wrote:

Trying to set  up my account. After entering my 10 digit phone # it said to put the 6 digit # sent to my e-mail, It never sends me the 6 digit #

@pboileau  - So you are trying set up your Self Serve account, here....https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

In order to do this you already have had to activated a SIM card with Public Mobile, either in store or perhaps with CCS.

If you activated online, here:https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation than your Self Serve account would have already been created during the SIM card activation process.

So, can you clarify you paid for the SIM card activation?

IF not, than you must activate first...Self Serve account will be included in this process.

I have never seen the texted authorization to port a number in but thought it was just type or click YES, not a 6 digit code. But most texted codes ARE 6 digits. Of course the referral code box for a new account set up ALSO wants a 6 digit referral code. 

@pboileau  are you porting in an existing working number from a different provider?

AE_Collector

Hi @darlicious   but OP talking about the "6 digits" code.  Or OP got mixed up with the PIN?

Also, what is the exact steps in creating My Account now?  like email or text to confirm? what is the exact flow ?

Your 4 digit pin # is usually texted to you shortly after activation from 611 or sometimes 100. If you dont remember the 4 digit pin # you entered at activation ( you might have used your voicemail pin #) you can reset it when you contact customer support. The CSA will ask you some additional verification questions about your account and payments. If you activated with CCS  please confirm.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are the texting/calling services working on your phone?

This is a security code to proceed, which is sent to only your phone number verifying that you who is creating the account is the owner of the number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pboileau wrote:

I don't have the 4 digit pin #

@pboileau 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

only them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pboileau 

when you enter your email address,

do you check your email spam,

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and try back   Public Mobile - Register

just make sure your email correct,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or missing just make sure for it.

Good Luck.

pboileau

I don't have the 4 digit pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pboileau 

Have you put the pm sim card in your phone? The 6 digit alphanumeric code is texted to you. It is not sent via email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pboileau : Did you activate online yourself or in a store? If online then you already have an account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pboileau   You checked Spam folder?  How long you have waited?  I thought they text you the number to your phone instead, isn't it? 

If you are still unable to setup the new account , you have to open ticket by direct messaging PM Support:

**After you opened a ticket, CS Agent will contact you via Community inbox

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@pboileau 

Check out your spam folder for the information.

You can also try again and have them text you the code, instead of emailing.

Need Help? Let's chat.