cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client care department?

weezveez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently had an issue with SIM hijacking and my access to the self serve portal was disabled. I was told to contact client care department to update my info, but I have no idea how to reach them? Do I open a ticket?

3 REPLIES 3

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@weezveez wrote:

I recently had an issue with SIM hijacking and my access to the self serve portal was disabled. I was told to contact client care department to update my info, but I have no idea how to reach them? Do I open a ticket?

Hi @weezveez sorry your sim card got hacked.  Terrible thing, this is.  If you haven't contacted the moderators as already suggested above, contact the Moderators_Team now.

Moderators are available:

-- Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

-- Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

The moderators will ask you questions to prove you are the owner of the account. This is normal. These were the questions that I answered when I contacted them recently.

• Please provide us your phone number plus 3 of the following, matching up your account:
        1. Last top-up amount and the date
        2. Last four digits of a registered credit card
        3. Account number
        4. Last add-on purchased and the date
        5. Email address

Ask them to switch the phone service back to the sim that's currently in your phone. 

In the meantime, call 611, on the main menu, choose 5 to remove your autopay.  You will need your PIN # to do this.

Also, get a new sim card.  You can go to Walmart and get a new sim card, or you can order one from Canadian Cells Supplies... they have Public Mobile sim cards on sale for $3.00 free shipping 3-10 days or local pick up.

Best wishes!

@weezveez wrote:

To submit a ticket, you'll need to go to: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@weezveez wrote:

Contact the Public Mobile moderators:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the question mark ? in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.