cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing phones...

fnitni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is my public mobile sim card compatible with unihertz atom L phone?

10 REPLIES 10

@Timer wrote:

@softech 

then for both plan 3/4G is will be fine, right.

The type of plan is unrelated to the frequency and network type compatibility of the device.

@softech 

then for both plan 3/4G is will be fine, right.

@Timer 

band 2 and band 5 on WCDMA are the one 

Also, the phone will work equally well on 3G plan and 4G plan as long as you are ok with the capped speed on the 3G plan

@softech 

i mean is will be working on 4G plan better for 3G plan but i don't see that device has 3G support HSPA: 850 MHz.

@Timer no.  According to the spec, there is no reason why this phone will work better on 3G than lLTE

@softech 

thanks. but that device is will be working on 4G much better for 3G ,, right.

@Timer wrote:

@fnitni 

from where you will buy it this device.

https://www.unihertz.com/products/atom-l

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fnitni   According to an older post about Unihertz Atom phone back in 2018, older one of course, they have trouble editing APN to make it work in PM. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Android-8-1-APN-settings/td-p/241715/page...

This happens with quiet some brands of phone.  The workaround is to get a Freedom SIM card to help as it will open up the edit or add APN option with a Freedom SIM card.  

Not sure if the new one still have the issue.  But check that thread and keep that in mind

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@fnitni 

from where you will buy it this device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fnitni 

Yes it will.  Your phone have enough compatible bands with PM

these are the bands on your phone BOLD are those compatible with PM:

WCDMA:1,2,4,5,8,19

FDD/TDD LTE:   B1/ 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/12/13/17/18/19/20/25/26/28A/ B28B/34/38/39/40/41/66

and these are bands used by PM:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.