cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing Sim card

NancyFraser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every time I try to enter my new Sim card into my account I receive an error message.

My phone will not ring or vibrate when I receive a call so changing the Sim card is my last resort fix and the website appears to be broken.

11 REPLIES 11

NancyFraser

I removed the SIM card and let the phone sit for a few minutes and then reinserted it and everything started working again.

Thank you all for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NancyFraser 

if you have another device can you try your SIM card to test it is the issue from SIM or your device,

i think your device need a Factory Reset... but you have to do backup before Settings Reset..

NancyFraser

My account is active and the sim must be the old one as the new one was not able to be changed on the website. Going to a store later today to get them to check things out.

Thanks for trying to help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NancyFraser : Did you buy the phone used or new? Is your account showing as Active? Did you try the SIM in another phone?

Edit: although now if you've been fiddling with Change SIM then both might be a problem. It would have been useful to clarify all the questions asked before attempting the Change SIM. Looking at the last 4 digits of the current SIM card in that screen...which card is it...new or old?

NancyFraser

Also I cannot change my Sim card in my Public account. First I received an error message each time I tried and now it will not accept the Sim card number when I enter it.

NancyFraser

As of Saturday it seems I can only receive texts from 2 people and maybe not even from them now. No it is not a new activation.

NancyFraser

did the things you suggested except the checking blacklist...can't imagine my phone has been blacklisted. I hardly use it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NancyFraser wrote:

Every time I try to enter my new Sim card into my account I receive an error message.

My phone will not ring or vibrate when I receive a call so changing the Sim card is my last resort fix and the website appears to be broken.

@NancyFraser 

Before swapping your current SIM, can you share what the issue is with your current SIM?

Did you just activate a new Public Mobile SIM card and have no service?

Did you try of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes, one more thing.. your incoming calls issue just started happen lately?  like it was working good before?

Just curious if you really need to swap SIM.

Also, did you try changing the network to 3G only?  just to test out.  If you change to 3G only , does Data still work?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@NancyFraser wrote:

Before you change sim have you tried putting your sim in another unlocked phone to see if it is a phone issue?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you try on another browser?

there were  quite a lot of browser issue last week but the workarounds below generally work:

1. try different browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Edge)

2. try incognito or InPrivate mode

3. try clear cache

4. try on a different machine or phone browser

Need Help? Let's chat.