cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# changed but not completely

IslandGuy7641
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A while back i changed my number online. I noticed that in my Samsung phone the registed number is still the original number associated with the sim card. Was the number change just a "forwarding"? How can I get rid of this old number completely?

8 REPLIES 8

@will13am wrote:

@IslandGuy7641 , I noticed this odd behavior as well on some android devices.  If you have another functional SIM card for a different line, place it in your phone and then put back your SIM.  Toggling SIMs will sometimes help to clear things up.  I have another solution that is 100% effective but it needs a phone with root access.  Using a SIM editing app, it is possible to hard code a number into the SIM card which will override what is received from the mobile network.  

Older Blackberry devices running the Blackberry OS could also perform this task.

IslandGuy7641

Thanks

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@IslandGuy7641 

It may be better to ask CSA, they may have a solution for this issue 

submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts.

IslandGuy7641

No luck

IslandGuy7641

Yes

Yes

Still the old #

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@IslandGuy7641 , I noticed this odd behavior as well on some android devices.  If you have another functional SIM card for a different line, place it in your phone and then put back your SIM.  Toggling SIMs will sometimes help to clear things up.  I have another solution that is 100% effective but it needs a phone with root access.  Using a SIM editing app, it is possible to hard code a number into the SIM card which will override what is received from the mobile network.  

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@IslandGuy7641 

Is the new number working? When you call or message someone, does the new number appear?

if the new number is working, try to remove the SIM card, reinsert it again.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@IslandGuy7641 

Try resetting your network settings and reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.