cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change to basic subscription

delos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how to change my subscription to less amount. I am lowering the amount of my subscription 

6 REPLIES 6

@WillyWanka wrote:

Why not?  I have two Public Mobile accounts.   I'm going to give it a try.

Please do not contact a Public Mobeil customer support agent for this as it will slow down the service response time for all customers by creating unnecessary support tickets.  A businesss decision has been made to disallow this and customer support agents are strictly forbirdden from performing this request.  Most carriers will not do it.

WillyWanka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are correct, existing Public Mobile numbers are not eligble for transfer.   

@WillyWanka wrote:

You could activate a second account on the lower rate plan and then port the number from your first account to to your second account.

Create new Public Mobile account with new email address.

Activate new lower cost subsciption plan with referral code to get $10.00 credit.

Select eSIM to avoid having to pay $5.00 fee or select SIM for $5.00.

Once new account is activated go to settings and port number from first account to second account.  This will cancel first acount and assign phone number of first acount to second account.

The above isn't correct.  A phone number cannot be ported from Public Mobile to Public Mobile, nor can a number be transferred from one Public Mobile account to another Public Mobile account.

WillyWanka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You could activate a second account on the lower rate plan and then port the number from your first account to to your second account.

Create new Public Mobile account with new email address.

Activate new lower cost subsciption plan with referral code to get $10.00 credit.

Select eSIM to avoid having to pay $5.00 fee or select SIM for $5.00.

Once new account is activated go to settings and port number from first account to second account.  This will cancel first acount and assign phone number of first acount to second account.

I would do this on the last day of my billing cycle so that I would not forfeit any service I had paid for on the first account.  The only downside to doing it this way would be that you would lose your Public Points if you've collected a signficant number of them without redeeming them.   If your Public Point balance is less than five I would go ahead and forfeit them because you will get a 5 Public Point welcome bonus when you create your new account.

I realize this is a bit of a pain in the butt to do, but you will get a lower cost plan with the same phone number in addition to a $10.00 bill credit and a 5 Public Point welcome bonus.

If you do decide to do this let me know how it works out for you.

THIS DOES NOT WORK!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@delos 

Each existing customer has personalized list of plans that are available to them.  Check your self service account to see which plans are available. 

Unfortunately, many of the plans offered to existing customers are not cheaper.  Usually more expensive.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@delos  to see what's available to you, sign into your account and click on Manage Subscription. 

There is not a lot of lower plans unfortunately.

When you decide to change, use the option that says Change on Renewal to finish you current  cycle as there are no pro-rating.

Need Help? Let's chat.