cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carrier update failed on ios

mandalorian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

where can i download public mobile's latest firmware?

i tried taking the sim out, went in general settings about and popup to update is not there, Carrier just says error in settings, tried the method of cmd+click on check for update button when connected to my mac but the option to force an update is not there; latest ios is installed

4 REPLIES 4

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mandalorian wrote:

i tried taking the sim out, went in general settings about and popup to update is not there, Carrier just says error in settings, tried the method of cmd+click on check for update button when connected to my mac but the option to force an update is not there; latest ios is installed

The only "firmware" PM provides is the carrier profile. Go to Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it. I think you will need to connect your phone to wifi to complete the installation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mandalorian : Why would you take the SIM out? The SIM is the connection to the cell network. So what all problems are you having and what else have you done to figure it all out?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@mandalorian wrote:

When the computer shows no update, that should mean you're up to date. Maybe, factory reset could fix it but backup everything first.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to check on the Apple website.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204

Need Help? Let's chat.