cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant send/receive texts or receive calls

jacobp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Set up my account yesterday and had my number transfered from virgin mobile. I can make calls and use data but nothing else, can't receive calls or send/receive texts. I've been told I needed to message the moderator team so that they can resolve the issue which I did. Haven't gotten a response back yet but I need to get my phone working asap as I need it for work. Since it seems to be an issue with switching my old number over to the new carrier, I'm wondering if just changing my phone number might fix the problem or if that would just complicate things further

11 REPLIES 11

@Mary_M wrote:

Good morning @jacobp,

thanks for getting in touch with us!

I've received your private message - it seems like the PIN provided for the Virgin account wasn't valid. I'll need some details in order to resubmit your request, please view your private messages for more details 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

@Mary_M, nice to see the backlog coming down.  It would be great to get back to the 1-2 hour response time I was so used to in much of 2017. 

It seems like the knowledge base needs to place greater emphasis on providing just one of account number, IMEI or PIN.  When a form has many boxes, nobody like to leave any empty fields for fear of not providing all the required information.  Clearly more is not better when a mis-entry on any field can create problems. 

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's always best to have a Mod help. When I transferred from Chatr same issue happened to me. Sure it took some time to solve issue. It did get done and haven't had an issue since then.  The  mods sure know what they are doing.

wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't think changing your number would help.  Switching providers always has some blips. If you have sent a pm to a modertor, they will get back to you as soon as they can.  You can always pm them again if you need.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You know I'm always looking out for the community 😉 hihi the backlog is getting shorter - I would say 24 hours 🙂 @mimmo

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M  great to see you in the forums, the orriginal private message was sent yesterday, does this mean the backlog has been cleared or is at least  getting shorter?24 hr instead of 48 hrs?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @jacobp,

thanks for getting in touch with us!

I've received your private message - it seems like the PIN provided for the Virgin account wasn't valid. I'll need some details in order to resubmit your request, please view your private messages for more details 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jacobp, you cannot submit more than 1 number change every 30 days.  That said, the moderator team will be able to rescue the number port as soon as they get onto your request.  Please don't spam their inbox and it will only slow things down further.  In the mean time, stay patient and hopefully your case will be dealt with soon. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately wait times have been running to 48 hours or longer, for replies from moderators. In the meantime, cycle the phone off / on periodically. Make sure your settings are correct. I know it sucks, but just try to be patient....once it gets going you'll save $$$ with Public. Welcome aboard.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@jacobp wrote:

Set up my account yesterday and had my number transfered from virgin mobile. I can make calls and use data but nothing else, can't receive calls or send/receive texts. I've been told I needed to message the moderator team so that they can resolve the issue which I did. Haven't gotten a response back yet but I need to get my phone working asap as I need it for work. Since it seems to be an issue with switching my old number over to the new carrier, I'm wondering if just changing my phone number might fix the problem or if that would just complicate things further

Sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of.

See if your old sim still works.

You can also download from the app store a free number to work on wifi / data its called FONGO and its free while you wait

Jenny6745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wouldn't change your number-too much hassle. I'd email again

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jacobp wrote:

Don't change your number. Try removing your sim card and reinserting it. If thats a no go, put your OLD sim card in, you  may still be able to use it.

You likley have a partially completed port. I know it can be really frustrating but things are usually good just try to remember “Less for less” is their company statement, and the only thing less is official customer service, a lot less. Its why they are so cheap. Things WILL work and WILL be good, the only time you will be cheesed is when you need an accurate response in a timely manner from the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.