cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot switch my sim card number and cant reactivate account

lte-21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i lost my phone with my sim card and i ordered a new one, i can sign into my account but i get an error message when  i try to reactivate my account, i think im on auto pay and so it should reactivate by itself but for some reason i cannot change my sim card number it wont let me click it i think it might be because i cant reactivate my account

12 REPLIES 12

@lte-21 wrote:

the recharge website isnt working either i could buy one, and if i go to 711 and get a physical one i dont know if using the 611 feature will work because i havent changed my sim card over yet

@lte-21   if you have put your account in Lost/Stolen, you have to go to My Account and remove that before you can reactivate.    And yes, if the account is active, you can load fund and reactivate the account. But why don't you wait for the SIM card to come first?  

if you have the new sim card already, you can reactivate account first , then change sim card

for change sim card, you can login to My Account, click Quick Link, the  click Change Sim card and follow from there:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

@lte-21 wrote:

the recharge website isnt working either i could buy one, and if i go to 711 and get a physical one i dont know if using the 611 feature will work because i havent changed my sim card over yet

@lte-21 

Here to SIM Swap > http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

if want to purchase vouchers from any stations or Shell,

then add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #, on the receipt

Official list of retailers location sell:  vouchers

or from online to buy it here: Recharge For Public  //\\  recharge.com \\//  Top-up Public Mobile Recharge.

@lte-21 wrote:

ill give it  a try

Were you able to successfully swap out your old sim number for your new sim card number in your My Account @lte-21 .

If not, and still having issues with that click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lte-21   You'll be able to use 611 on your phone whether the account is active or not.

edit:  Are you sure the recharge.com isn't working?  I've been able to get into the website, but haven't ordered anything as I don't need a voucher. 

Clear your browser cache/cookies and use incognito mode and try again, otherwise you'll need to go out and purchase one unfortunately.

lte-21

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lte-21    As mentioned by @Outdoorsman  if you suspended service using the Lost/Stolen option, then you need to go back and Resume service now before the payment or service would resume.

lte-21

ill give it  a try

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@lte-21 hi when you lost your phone did you report it lost/stolen in your account? if you did you must go back in and press the button again to report it found before you can reactivate your account 

Ace10513

Having the same issue won’t let me change my sim number. Public mobile support is terrible agents take 30 mins just to reply

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lte-21   If you need to make a payment urgently, then purchase a voucher from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and load the funds via 611 to reactivate your account.  Recharge.com will also email voucher PIN but do charge a small fee. 

Then once you have access to the account you should be able to perform the SIM change.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

First you have to gain access to your account. Even if you do some thing might not work right away.

If you have issues doing that, try different browser, use incognito mode, clear cache, do hard page refresh CTRL+F5 verify and confirm you are using correct login credentials. Do not rush to change password right away!

When you gain access to your account then it will be easy to swap SIMs.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@lte-21 

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

Need Help? Let's chat.