cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive calls, cannot text or receive text other than iphone

gordana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined public mobile last week, can make phones calls, but can't receive phone calls. 

Also, I can only send and recieve texts from people using iphones?

How do I fix this.

I even added long distance addon (which I don't think I need given the plan), but this did not help.

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HELP_ME wrote:

??? Care to elaborate?

HELP_ME
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @gordana,

thanks for getting in touch with us and for your patience! 

it seems like in fact your port did not complete as the number you tried bringing over from your old provider is not active. In order to resubmit the port, you'll need to have the number reactivated. Please confirm once this is done.

If this is not possible, I can cancel the port request and assign a new number to your account (or you can do this yourself through the self-serve)

I've also sent you a private message.

Regards.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

gordana

i did not ask for your call, sis

you can walk away, i won't mind

it's been 2 weeks that i can't use my plan, and noone gives a sh

If you’re going to use that language here, please leave.

gordana

i feel i want to go back to Rogers after all this irresponsible f up set up

gordana

No, it's unlocked.

Rache115

I haven’t had this isssue. I’m sure your phone is unlocked right? I set my phones up at London drugs and they were very helpful there ❤️

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gordana wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I have been living like this for 9 days now, no calls, no texts - am I gonna get my money back?! so frustrating!

I don't have another sim

You were not porting phone number from other provider.  As other had recommended, send a private message to moderator for help.  But moderator wait time is about 48 - 72 hours.  Also ask moderator to move your start date to compensate for the days without full service.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gordana wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I have been living like this for 9 days now, no calls, no texts - am I gonna get my money back?! so frustrating!

I don't have another sim

If you have a stuck port, it is contingent on you to raise the concern promptly. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you contact the Moderator Team, you can try requesting an account balance credit for the days that you have been without service.  This could be applied to your next month of service.  No guarantees, but worth a try.

gordana

Thanks for your help.

I don't have another sim

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gordana wrote:

I joined public mobile last week, can make phones calls, but can't receive phone calls. 

Also, I can only send and recieve texts from people using iphones?

How do I fix this.

I even added long distance addon (which I don't think I need given the plan), but this did not help.

Sounds like you have a stuck port.  You will need to contact the moderators for assistance, unfortunately it is a long wait probably 48+ hours.  In the meantime you can see if your old sim is still working and use it until the port gets completed. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.