cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the $50 data plan be used in the US

yumu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is this data plan including roaming data?

7 REPLIES 7

That grandfathered plan (with US roaming) was $60 and OP mentions $50 plan?   Unless OP mistyped..

JL9
Mayor / Maire

With the uncertainty about the 3G issues in the US and the hit and miss it seems PM customers are having you may want to look into alternatives just in case if it is imperative you have data in the US

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There used to be a plan offered that had US data included, so are you talking about a current plan or an older plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nope. All current PM plans are for calling within Canada and From Canada to US ($50+ Plans).

To use PM SIM in US you have to buy appropriate US add-on (valid for 10 days).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@yumu   Sorry, that data is only for use within Canada and calling to the US is free when calling from Canada.  For US travel you need to purchase one of the US roaming package by choosing Purchase Add-ons under My Data/Add-ons on the overview page.  Reminder to first add funds to your account and then go back to purchase the add-on.

Edit:  BTW, the roaming packages are available for 10 days only and activated immediately after purchasing, so make sure to buy them as close to your trip as possible.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yumu   Sorry .  No

No current plan include roaming data or voice or text

You will need to buy roaming add-on to use your service in US

Need Help? Let's chat.