cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't configure US roaming data

Cpetra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the US and can't use my data. Calling/voicemail works. The steps listed in the help menu  to configure data with T-mobile don't seem to apply to my iphone - i.e. there are fields listed in the steps that don't seem to exist on my iPhone 6. Help please!.

10 REPLIES 10

KitKat1

I noticed you said you purchased the add on 250mb of data, you may need to purchase more data to be able to send pictures etc, might not be enough.

also if you’re using an iPhone, if you haven’t already tried this, go into your settings, under cellular scroll down to cellular data and it should load and list all your apps, make sure they are switched on for data use, because if they are off by any chance that would be why nothing is loading. 

Sorry if this doesn’t help you in anyway, hope you get this problem solved soon!

Cpetra

Yes, tried that several times already. AT&T and T-mobile are both showing up (at different times - i.e. one or the other) and data roaming is on. No luck.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cpetra 

Restart your phone.  After restart, your phone APN will be configured to use T-MOBILE or At&t.

Make sure that you have data roaming is enabled

@Cpetra wrote:

thanks for this. I should have clarified - I can use my texting, but it's intermittment and delayed, and photos won't send. Can't access email or web browsers at all. I checked the add-on I purchased, which was the only I saw available, and it's called "Talk and Text 250 data" so you'd think that "data" would mean email and the like. But is there another US data plan available? If so, where to find it??

You seem to have the correct US Roaming Add-on alright. Slow texting could be a result of location. Maybe you're somewhere with weak reception ? Try cycling phone off/on...see if that helps. Good luck.

Cpetra

thanks for this. I should have clarified - I can use my texting, but it's intermittment and delayed, and photos won't send. Can't access email or web browsers at all. I checked the add-on I purchased, which was the only I saw available, and it's called "Talk and Text 250 data" so you'd think that "data" would mean email and the like. But is there another US data plan available? If so, where to find it??

Cpetra

Thanks, but yes, I do have roaming enabled. Still not working.

Connect via WiFi, and ensure your Carrier Settings (in the settings App) is up to date.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cpetra wrote:

I'm in the US and can't use my data. Calling/voicemail works. The steps listed in the help menu  to configure data with T-mobile don't seem to apply to my iphone - i.e. there are fields listed in the steps that don't seem to exist on my iPhone 6. Help please!.

Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons to confirm which US Roaming Add-on you did buy. Perhaps you bought the plan w/o data this time...maybe ?

Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cpetra, do you have roaming data enabled?  I am not an iOS user, so I am not familiar with where this settting is. Hopefully, this link will help.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/07/19/iphone-ipad-how-to-enable-data-roaming/

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cpetra wrote:

@CpetraUse this as a reference for toubleshooting.

Need Help? Let's chat.