cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not access mobile data

Jacklabel55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have data for my phone but not able to access it . I have a Samsung A71. The error message says" sign in to network"  .Any thoughts anyone ? 

10 REPLIES 10

Jaxhuego

thank you. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Jacklabel55 hi check your apn settings to see if they match check your APN settings:1) Open your settings, then tap:

• Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Ensure the following fields match:

3) If you needed to make a change, hit save, reboot, and you’re good to go!Make sure to enable data in your phone settings.  it is possible with your new number there is a provisioning issue with your account contact a cs agent 

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

So that sounds like either out of data or APN settings. Did you check your my data & add-ons for a line saying data. If not then you've used it all. Otherwise can you provide an image(s) of your APN settings. Select Public if you have one. Maybe you're on a Telus one.

Jacklabel55

The only thing that did not work was accessing the internet without wifi, so using data. it is the same sim number ,i just asked public mobile for a new phone number . I can make calls and answer texts yes. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you had a working account on a working phone and everything worked? Then you got this phone?

Can you make and answer calls?

Can you send and receive texts?

What do you mean "new number"? A new telephone number? A new sim number?

Jacklabel55

This is a brand new phone, the only thing that happened on this phone is a new number was recently created , we changed the old number to a new number.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Confirm through your self-serving account if you do have data available. If you do not see any reference to data it means you used all data.

Rebooting phone will not hurt either...

Jacklabel55

I have yet to even access for the first time.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jacklabel55 hi is it a new activation if nothing works your phone may be locked to another carrier if it is just data it could be your apn settings

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your account and look under my data & add-ons for a line saying data. Is it there? If not then you used it all.

Need Help? Let's chat.