cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling issues

rainetyler2006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How come when I try to place a call, it tells me that I do not have a long distance addon. All calls placed are local, I have been paying for my plan and unable to use it except for texting. 

11 REPLIES 11

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account if no minutes are listed then you have depleted your 100 minutes.  You can purchase an add-on

500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes for $5.

@rainetyler2006 

If you don't see the tracker as shown in previous post, it means that you ran out of minutes.  You can check your usage history to determine when you ran out of minutes.  

Here is some more information:

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Use Minutes

Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a call

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Answering a call (not with $15 plan)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Retrieving voicemail messages

Using calling apps when connected to Wifi

Using call forwarding

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I am copying a message of a similar issue:

Mayor / Maire
Re: I can't make local calls - it says that I'm making long distance calls

Can you confirm specifically, that the message is that you can not complete the call without long distance?

Calling between local area codes, not all exchanges are 'local'.  For instance, although Brantford and Cambridge are both in the area codes 519 and 226, I need to call 'LD' to call my Dad.  However, it's not a charge on my province wide plan.  The message I get (when I don't call LD) is "The number you're calling is long distance, charges may be applied".  If you're getting this message, it will complete, and there will be no charges, as it's in the same province.

Adding the +1 to all your contacts will help limit the message when dialing.

If there's truly an issue, and the calls won't complete, please contact the @Moderator_TeamTeam

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rainetyler2006 wrote:

How come when I try to place a call, it tells me that I do not have a long distance addon. All calls placed are local, I have been paying for my plan and unable to use it except for texting. 

As others have suggested...we strongly suspect that you've used up your 100 minute allotment. Get the $5 / 500 min of Canada wide calling add-on or wait until your current plan cycle renews itself...you'll have a new batch of 100 minutes then. Get the add-on or upgrade to $25 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling.

rainetyler2006

I do not see anything except for the usage. I literally have not even been able to place a call, so I dont know how the minutes could be used

@rainetyler2006 

Check your self service account.  Do you see the 100 minute talk tracker in your overview page?  If you don't see the tracker, that means that you ran out of minutes this month.  Then you can buy the $5 Canadian 500 minute talk add on.  

Pasted Graphic 11.png

rainetyler2006

No minutes were used, as everytime I place a call... it says unfortunately we're unable to place your call, you do not have a long distance addon.

@rainetyler2006 hi sounds like you ran out of minutes check your self serve if no minutes are showing in your data and add in section you have run out

rainetyler2006

My plan is the 15$ plan, it has 100 canadawide mins, i have tried everything and still does not work

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rainetyler2006 try dialing with a 1 in front of the number  And if you are on a limited plan please log into your self service account and see if there are minutes remaining. If there aren't, consider buying the 500 minute, $5 Canada wide addon. Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rainetyler2006 , try adding a 1 in front of the 10 digit number.  

Need Help? Let's chat.