@Jeff267 wrote:

I assume you mean "no harm"?

BLAHA - yes!

Jeff267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I assume you mean "no harm"?

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like there is a lot of reception quality issues.  Could they all be due to these previously owned re-certified phones?  I wonder 🤔

In addition @Jeff267 , the act of removing a SIM card (and sometimes trying it in another phone) then inserting it back into the original phone sometimes can help finicky things, including network issues.

So, just doing this, may give you good results in itself. But, mostly, there is no harm to try this as part of troubleshooting where the issue may be.

edit, added missing word, which changes the meaning quite a bit - thanks @Jeff267 🙂

Jeff267

Good advice, thanks.

@Jeff267 wrote:

My wife is having a similar problem (she can be heard, but not well) with a certified pre-owned iPhone received this week. The Apple Store ran diagnostics on it and the only thing they found was an issue with the SIM card. I have requested a new SIM card to see if that will resolve the issue.  Good luck.

@Jeff267  - can your wife try her SIM into another phone to see if the issue is the same?

If the problem does not happen with her SIM in another phone, then the issue is not the SIM card, but rather something with the device.

But, if she did have same issues with trying another phone, then next I would have her submit a ticket with customer support refresh her account, and see if that does any improvement, prior to swapping out the SIM card.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Jeff267

My wife is having a similar problem (she can be heard, but not well) with a certified pre-owned iPhone received this week. The Apple Store ran diagnostics on it and the only thing they found was an issue with the SIM card. I have requested a new SIM card to see if that will resolve the issue.  Good luck.

@kandace_d09 wrote:

Our you not within a service range? This happens with all providers from time to time. It just depends where the nearest cell tower is.

The person couldn't be out of service range because the calls are actually completing. It's just that one person can't hear the other.

kandace_d09

Our you not within a service range? This happens with all providers from time to time. It just depends where the nearest cell tower is.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ajlk it could be your device or network.    Best is to take your SIM out and test it on another device.   

If you don't have another test device around, try calling using a Bluetooth headset,  a wired headset and see if they make it better.  Also, try to move to a different area, at least 5 mins away from  where you are and test it there.  Could be just a problem in your specific location 

Also, your friend cannot hear you, could be his device or network problem too.  Try making  test call to this number yourself and hear what others would have heard:  226-244-4444

Heenabhalla1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your phone”s mic needs to be replaced 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ajlk 

Could be your receiver on your device. 

Try making a wifi video call to see if the recipient can hear you. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is it all outgoing calls or just certain numbers that you call?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ajlk  -  

Some things to try below:

• do you have any bluetooth devices connected to your device? Try disconnecting them, then try
  • turn off your phone, then reboot
  • removing your SIM, then reinserting it
  • go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode
  • perform a reset network settings on your device
  • try your SIM card into another compatible phone for a few days to see if the issues are the same...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

Also, ensure the other end is not the issue, so maybe suggest some of the above to them.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Bad connection. Happens from time to time. Mobile network is not perfect.

How often this happens and where are you usually located when it happens?

How about other services? SMS/Internet?

Need Help? Let's chat.