any deadline i need to active the sim ?

maxmax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sravya wrote:

No theres no deadline for the activation of sim..Whenever you take the sim ,it just takes 2-3 hrs to get activated..

@sravya activation is near instant.  Number porting from another mobile provider can take up to a few hours though.  (From a landline or VoIP provider can be several days.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sravya

No theres no deadline for the activation of sim..Whenever you take the sim ,it just takes 2-3 hrs to get activated..

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SDM wrote:

If you are asking about the promo with Walmart you need to activate by June 30, 2018

@maxmax this is an important point--if you are looking for a specific promo, there may be restrictions around that promo.  As @SDM noted, there is a Walmart promo currently on offer.  If you were wanting to get in on that promo, I *believe* you need to both purchase the SIM card and activate it at Walmart, all at the same time.

If you are just wanting to pick up a SIM card for future use, bear in mind that you may not qualify for whatever promo(s) are on offer at that time if they have similar constraints.  Also, at the time of activation, you can only choose from the available plans being offered at that time (by way of the Plans page).  If there is a particular plan you are interested in today but is not offered down the road when you decide to activate, you would not be able to get it.  Just so you're aware.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can Get a SIM card at any Store Walmart

or you can by Public Mobile Online Activation
@ https://activate.publicmobile.ca

or you can buy it online from website public mobile
@ https://store.publicmobile.ca/collections/all

good luck

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sim card is never expired you can keep it as long as you want & activate it whenever you need.

@maxmax wrote:

so I can buy now and active any time in futrure ? tyvm.

Yes you can.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

maxmax

so I can buy now and active any time in futrure ? tyvm.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@maxmax wrote:

I don't think there is.  The only issues I have read about is when PM used to give out free sims and a people would get a bunch of them.  They were the old style and not a triple punch so some of the sims wouldn't fit into the phones.  Other than that I haven't heard of them expiring.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SDM

If you are asking about the promo with Walmart you need to activate by June 30, 2018

Need Help? Let's chat.