cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-on data

soleeya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am currently on $15 plan, with almost no data and I want to purchase 1G data for $15. 

a) If I purchase the data, will the data be available right away? or do I need to wait for the next cycle? 

b) If I use all of my data 1G, then what will happen? Is it something like that I cannot use data anymore, or if I happen to use more than 1G, would there be extra charge?

Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@soleeya 

If you find you are using up most of the 1gb data add on before your 30 day cycle is up then consider upgrading your plan to at least the $25/1gb plan by scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $25 plan. If you do so it is recommended that you manually top up your account with at least $25 in your available funds before renewal to avoid a glitch that causes autopay to fail when upgrading plans. If you are only consuming an additional 500mb of data from the 1gb data add on then it is more economical to continue with the $15 plan and occasionally purchasing add ons to supplement the plan.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

a) yes; no

b) when you use all your plan's data, your data will stop - no internet. You will have to buy add-on data and use it until you exhaust it. Then again internet will stop. No extra charges over your limit as you CANNOT go over limit. Stitch is turned off until next renewal (or buy add-on).

soleeya

Wow, so fast. Thank you so much! 😄

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@soleeya - Plan data will always get used up first. If you use up your plan data in a particular cycle, that is when any addons will kick in if you already have them added to your account.

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account. Go back and do this part if you don't see it listed in your Overview section.

soleeya

Thank you so much! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

a) yes, no

b) you will no longer be able to use the internet until your next renewal or you buy more. No extra charges here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@soleeya , if you purchase a data add-on, it will be available to use immediately.  Any unused add-on data will carry over to future renewal periods until it is all consumed.  There is no expiry for add-on data.  You cannot use more than the add-on data you purchase.  This service is prepaid.  You have to buy first before you can use.  By the way, the add-on purchase is a 2 step process.  You add funds and then make the purchase.  When successfully completed you will see the data add-on showing in the overview tab in your account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.