cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation

winstonch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a new sim card and getting error message to contact support

10 REPLIES 10

Disallow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks.  Checked, and no charges pending on any of the cards I tried.  Tried incognito, same problem.  I have a PM going with Carlos to figure it out.  Thanks!

@Disallow wrote:

I'm getting the "(We were not able to process your payment. Make sure all information is correct or try again with a different card)" error.  Have been trying to sign up 2 new SIMs since yesterday, and can't get past the payment stage.  Looks like the payment processor may be down?

@Disallow   look like it is a credit card issue, PM is not taking it some how

Try to use Incognito mode to activate once more.

if that does not help, I think you need support assistance

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Disallow wrote:

I'm getting the "(We were not able to process your payment. Make sure all information is correct or try again with a different card)" error.  Have been trying to sign up 2 new SIMs since yesterday, and can't get past the payment stage.  Looks like the payment processor may be down?

@Disallow  - check that your cards were not charged. Since you are having an issue at the payment section, i would not try again until you confirm accounts have not been set up in the background. Because then I would be afraid these cards will be charged every 30 days.

Contact a CSA and let them know what you are doing and what you have tried.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Disallow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@winstonch wrote:

did that already thanks, no help

@winstonch why no help?

If trying to port to Public, try this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

OR, alternatively...

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

winstonch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

did that already thanks, no help

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@winstonch wrote:

I am trying to activate a new sim card and getting error message to contact support

@winstonch do you have a link to hit to contact support? If so, click it.

We are customers like you here, so best to go to customer support if this is suggested.

You can also reach support by going to the bottom of the Community page to submit a ticket with Customer Support using the SIMon Chatbot option.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@winstonch   What error did you get?

Error 821? or Error 837? or other error?

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed. 

You can try to activate again.  Enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI if you are requesting to port the number into PM

If PM has already charged you, then you need to open ticket with PM support and have them to sort out the activation and porting issue.  Since you likely unable to login to My Account yet and open ticket, please open ticket by direct messaging PM support instead

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What is the error message? At what point are you getting this error?

Need Help? Let's chat.