cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation error - e-sim not active

Wally29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sent referral to son.  e-sim did not load into his phone.  can validate 6 digit code as e-sim is not active.

7 REPLIES 7

Wally29

appreciate your support... issue is that e-sim was deleted in error... contacted agent... e-sim $5 credited.... great... however my son can't access his account as can receive 6 digit code that is sent to his phone number as there is no E-SIM.... even though he received a code to his email it then reverts to authtenicating him via a 6 digit to his phone... can't receive messages to his phone without an SIM.  PLEASE HELP.

@Wally29 

If you deleted the eSIM, you will need to put a new eSIM for $5 but click on the Chat button and type in Submit a Ticket. An agent might help you to get a $5 credit for accidentally deleting it.

Wally29

what do i do if i accidentally deleted the e-sim?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Wally29 

What is the make and model of your son’s phone?

@Wally29 

there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

And if the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Wally29

when following the instructions above... 'scan QR Code' " unable to activate eSIM'.... you can try again , or contact your carrier for assistance.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Wally29 check if the eSIM is installed on the phone. If not, scan QR code from Welcome email

if it is there , remove the other physical sim.  set the PM esim to active, and enable turn on this line 

Need Help? Let's chat.