cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZIP code matching error when ordering SIM cards

ConnieDuarte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

tried ordering two sim cards and I got an error that the zip code do not match. I checked it and tried ordering it again. I got the same error message. Yet it is showing the transaction completed on my visa statement.

But I did not get an confirmation email for my order. 

I don't want to keep trying to order if I'm getting charged. Was my was order received? Are the SIM cards getting shipped?

I can send details by PM.

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

ConnieDuarte

@RossN wrote:

Glad things worked out for you welcome to pm

Thanks.

Things are working well so far.

Glad things worked out for you welcome to pm

ConnieDuarte

Hi everybody!

Thanks for your help.

The billing for the SIMs on my credit card statement was removed (likely because of the lack of validation). 

So, not having to follow up on undue charges, I decided to go to a local store and buy and activate the SIMs there.

It's all working!

Heads up! Today and tomorrow you can get a deal on the plan with 8GB of data for $40, the price of the 4.5 GB plan. The reduction in price lasts 6 months.

ConnieDuarte

@hycm53 wrote:

When my wife ordered SIM card online, she didn't get confirmation email either and couple of days later she received SIM card. You may look at spam folder for email.

I'm waiting for feedback from Moderators Team.

The order process did not complete because of the ZIP code validation so I did not get the confirmation page or email.

I did check the spam folder but there's nothing from Public Mobile. Yet I got the email for enrolling in this community without any problem.

Let's hope it all works out. Soon.

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

I can have a Canadian account although I live abroad. That is also where my address is.

I corrected the billing address to match the one of the credit card but I still got the error message. That is where my problem starts because I did not get a confirmation page for my order, I did not get a confirmation email but I still got charged.

When my wife ordered SIM card online, she didn't get confirmation email either and couple of days later she received SIM card. You may look at spam folder for email.

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

I'll try that then.

Try what? It's helpful to know who you're replying to either by @ tag or the black Quote box above or at least the username.

Thank for your patience.

I'm doing this for the first time here. I had no idea how to quote someone or is message.

You're doing very good! You found how to do it by yourself!

ConnieDuarte

@Anonymous wrote:

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

I'll try that then.

Try what? It's helpful to know who you're replying to either by @ tag or the black Quote box above or at least the username.

Thank for your patience.

I'm doing this for the first time here. I had no idea how to quote someone or its message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

I can have a Canadian account although I live abroad. That is also where my address is.

I corrected the billing address to match the one of the credit card but I still got the error message. That is where my problem starts because I did not get a confirmation page for my order, I did not get a confirmation email but I still got charged.

I don't know how they took your money if they apparently only accept cards issued by Canadian or American insititutions linked to a Canadian or American address.

Obviously you'll want to contact the moderators as linked above. And just go to a participating vendor and buy a SIM there.

ConnieDuarte

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

I'll try that then.

ConnieDuarte

Thanks for the tip @Lieux 

I'll try that then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

The issue is only related with  forthe The billing address and the address in the credit card. There seems to be a validation where they need to match.

The form for ordering the SIM card accepts *billing* addresses from all over the world.

How did it get past the address entry to take your money though?

How does a bank issue a credit card on an out of country address?

The billing address should BE the address in the credit card. That makes sense that they should match.

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

The issue is only related with  forthe The billing address and the address in the credit card. There seems to be a validation where they need to match.

The form for ordering the SIM card accepts *billing* addresses from all over the world.

Because you was charged for the sims I would suggest to ask the moderator to have a look on your order...moderator and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days but they work 7/7 days.

ConnieDuarte

The issue is only related with the billing address and the address in the credit card. There seems to be a validation where they need to match.

I'm back in Canada. The shipping is to a Canadian address. No issues here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

The credit card is Canadian but it's address and ZIP code is not.

Is it a US address? If not then that would be a problem. Interesting little twist though.

Check your spam folder for the confirmation email maybe.

@Anonymous @Lieux  my headache is back Smiley LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

@Lieux  thats the problem with using an american cc if you have an american address it causes a conflict with the 2 different addresses

There is a shipping address and there's a billing address. Do you know if they need to match? Let alone different country? Is this yet another glitch in the machine?

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

EDIT 

ok so did you receive a confirmation with an order number?

ConnieDuarte

Yes, I'm now in Canada and shipping to a Canadian address.

ConnieDuarte

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux  thats the problem with using an american cc if you have an american address it causes a conflict with the 2 different addresses

RossN
Mayor / Maire

If you received an email saying your order was shipped take the order number go to canada post website use tracker  it will ask for your postal code put that in and it will tell you if your order was processed and shipped

@ConnieDuarte wrote:

I'm guessing it is trying to validate the ZIP code in my billing address with the ZIP code in my credit card.

The sim card from public mobile are only ship in Canada. are you in Canada?

so you are using an american cc but shipping to a canadian address?

ConnieDuarte

I'm guessing it is trying to validate the ZIP code in my billing address with the ZIP code in my credit card.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

zip code?

Need Help? Let's chat.