cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your account has already enough balance? Can't follow up on msg to mod team

BanditHorse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Top up not accept

Hello, I've been struggling with this issue for so long and can't seem to get everyone on the same page, but I'm hoping this message will do the trick now that a few of the technical issues w/access to my account are solved. In order to avoid submitting another ticket, can I also include an easier problem with this one? I just need to reset my telephone password, the numeric one I set up when account was new. Can you reset that for me real quick? Lemme k know what I need to do, if anything, beforehand and then send instructions once reset. Thanks. Regarding this issue....the problem I'm having is that I'd had a surplus on the account (bonus, etc) resulting in a positive balance at renewal time, although that balance wasn't enough to cover my previous plan. I downsized plans (within a day or two after my renewal date, so service was suspended) and between that, the surplus, and a bonus (signing up for Autopsy...can't remember, it's been a while but promo code was accepted). My service was still suspended and the system wouldn't take a payment...I perused the help section, many suggested to try briefly suspending my own account using the lost phone feature and then resuming by reporting found. That worked for about 24 hours, though I had data and no voice service. I use VoIP a lot, so it wasn't a huge issue, but it all stopped working within a day. Since then absolutely nothing I've tried has worked. I tried submitting a Small amount but it wouldn't accept it. One of the previous team moderators who checked into it saw one rejection by a credit card I'd used, but that was a gift card I tried to charge $1 on after all my other cards didn't work... unfortunately that mod didn't research in quite as much detail as was necessary and I was temporarily unable to access this area cause i forgot my password and the system was temporarily down (coincidence, not related).. The amount due is $0.00 anyway, but to try and unstick it as I'd referenced above I tried submitting a payment for $1 (the minimum) after trying the full monthly amount and smaller increments thereafter. I then saw an error message which read: "Your account has already enough balance". I searched this in the community help area and there's quite a few others with the same problem, and all indicated that a ticket to a moderator was necessary. I've tried submitting a couple, but none have resolved so I'm hoping that by submitting this information all at once that'll be enough info to solve. Can you please help to reinstate my service, and is it possible to adjust the date that another payment will be due since it's taken such an inordinately long time to resolve this issue? I'd appreciate anything you can do, adjustments you can make, etc. I'd like to keep using Public Mobile as I've only been with them/you a month so far, and hopefully this glitch isn't indicative of how things usually run. Thank you for your time and effort, and hopefully I can start enjoying my service again in time for work tomorrow? Best regards, M. Monroe
9 REPLIES 9

BanditHorse
Hi and thanks for your reply & energy, @geopublic.... When I dial 611, it is indeed suspended and not active, unfortunately. For a day (I believe it was exactly 24 hours, though I'm not 100% as service wasn't in continuous use of course) my data service worked, then it was disconnected. I didn't notice whether the voice/text were active for that day since I primarily use VoIP and I'd only been a PM client since Dec '19, so a month at the time and was used to a data-only plan and not using my carrier issued phone number. That being said, I don't know if that's pertinent to this issue or if it's just another idiosyncrasy. Regarding the data counter, it's been showing maybe a few MB/day, but I think this may be because, for some odd reason, it's having me log in to the network as if it's another WiFi network on my phone, so it gives me a little upload & download data at very slow speeds, ostensibly for the sign-in process, which fails and brings up a web browser splash page w/message: "You are blocked from accessing the Web...for one of the following reasons:", one being expired plan, another being lost/stolen phone, and others that are even less pertinent. Lastly, on the plan to which I switched, even if I were to have somehow exceeded the data allotted, don't I still have voice & text minutes included? I'll go back and read just in case, but thank you for providing another possible clue even if it's used in the process of elimination. Thanks again for any further insight/brainstorming you can provide - sorry for the long delay in response...i still don't have service as of 8pm PST, but will be logging in to check PMs soon & if Mods have gotten back to me. I plan to update once solved (hopefully from a more welll-enabled device). Mic M. (Bandit's human) 🎠🐴🐎🐴🐴LP

@BanditHorse wrote:
Thanks @Jb456 for your help... I'm still able to log in to my account, and in the turquoise box (after hitting "payment" tab, or clicking "reactivate plan") it shows available funds as $10 and estimated amount.due as $0. When going to make a payment and filling in info, it says "current plan cycle" $10, available funds $10, amount due $0.00, "you must make a payment by Apr 16" then my payment method (cc) and cc # is listed, I tried selecting "amount due" which pops up as $0.00 and results in a red error message after submission indicating minimum payment accepted is $1, if I select "other amount" and fill in desired pymt amount and attempt to top up (tried with amounts from $40 down to the minimum of $1), that's when the "Your account has already enough balance" - exact wording- appears (in the same spot as the message about minimum $1/maximum payment amount accepted appears). That's why I think it's a bug...it defies logic. I honestly can't remember how the extra $5 came off, but I believe it was after I entered a promo code that was accepted. Also, I'd tried to top up before the expiry date of my plan, but had an issue starting that day. The day after, my data worked but no voice or text/SMS service, and then the data stopped after 24 hours. Thanks again, and hope that info helps. Apologies once again for the wall of text, that's only temporary..*sigh* M.M. (Bandit's human)

@BanditHorse Dial 611 from your device is your account currently suspended? If not,   sounds like your plan is currently active. Are you on a 90 day plan? If yes, check the landing page of your selfserve account does it show the data counter? If not, it means that you have used up your data. Your options are purchase the data add-on or ask the moderators to renew your plan early.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@BanditHorse hopefully moderators will be able to sort everything out for you.

BanditHorse
Thanks @Jb456 for your help... I'm still able to log in to my account, and in the turquoise box (after hitting "payment" tab, or clicking "reactivate plan") it shows available funds as $10 and estimated amount.due as $0. When going to make a payment and filling in info, it says "current plan cycle" $10, available funds $10, amount due $0.00, "you must make a payment by Apr 16" then my payment method (cc) and cc # is listed, I tried selecting "amount due" which pops up as $0.00 and results in a red error message after submission indicating minimum payment accepted is $1, if I select "other amount" and fill in desired pymt amount and attempt to top up (tried with amounts from $40 down to the minimum of $1), that's when the "Your account has already enough balance" - exact wording- appears (in the same spot as the message about minimum $1/maximum payment amount accepted appears). That's why I think it's a bug...it defies logic. I honestly can't remember how the extra $5 came off, but I believe it was after I entered a promo code that was accepted. Also, I'd tried to top up before the expiry date of my plan, but had an issue starting that day. The day after, my data worked but no voice or text/SMS service, and then the data stopped after 24 hours. Thanks again, and hope that info helps. Apologies once again for the wall of text, that's only temporary..*sigh* M.M. (Bandit's human)

BanditHorse
Hello & thanks, @wil13am, for your thoughtful, thorough & well-referenced reply. Thanks for confirming that my issues are all likely those that can only be solved by a moderator. Because I'm accessing Community on a device which isn't enabled w/JavaScript atm (and I'm currently in a location where my only other device is the one dependent on the PM data service during down time), I don't have all the functionality of the board & odd idiosyncrasies like being able to compose a message but unable to list a recipient are hampering my efforts. I appreciate both your patience/understanding and that of the Community until tech difficulties can be resolved, and which is why I appreciate the way your post is composed and hotlinked. Other than hoping to get the attention of a moderator for a PM (and/or live chat if available?), I was hoping others could benefit from solutions to the different issues - the post I'd carefully composed came out as a solid wall of text after posting, likely due to the lack of JavaScript, but.... The main issue is the error message with payment: "Your account has already enough balance". I'd seen that exact syntax when I did a search for Community solutions, but didn't see if/how it was resolved. I know a few members had recommended manually suspending/reactivating using the "Lost/Stolen" function in "My Account", but that didn't work for me and I only tried that as a last resort since it's not really the best use of that service, of course. With that more singular issue in mind, has anyone else gotten that error message or experienced anything similar when your billing/renewal date arrives, and has anyone successfully reactivated - if so, what were the results? I'm hoping to be able to arm the moderators with as much info as possible... Thanks again, MM (Bandit's human)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BanditHorse , all the things you want done are account related activities that only the moderator team can do.  You mention connecting with a moderator.  Are you certain it was a moderator?  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Also. Even if account is suspended you should be able to purchase a payment voucher and add it to your account by calling 611 from your cell phone provided you know your 4 digit pin.

Link below of all the different locations you can purchase vouchers.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

For your other issue. 

Public Mobile is prepaid in advance for the 30 day plan. I understand you had a positive balance but not enough to cover your renewal. Are you sure you had autopay setup? Because if so, the system would have added your rewards to your positive balance then deduct that balance for your renewal. Any additional amount owed would have been charged to your credit card by autopay.

Example: balance $12, (rewards $3) brings balance to $15. Plan $25. Minus $15 balance so $10 plus province taxes charged to your credit card via autopay.

Since you said your account was suspended and you changed plan to a lower one 1or2 days after renewal date. I don't believe you had autopay set up.

Can you log into your account now? Can you tell us what it currently says in your account? Is it still suspended? 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Reset your phone password as in the 4 digit pin you created when signing up? 

Or voicemail password?

Or self serve account password?

I'll list them all for you.

4 digit pin - you need to contact Moderators for. One option that might work without a moderator is if you have your original phone that you signed up with and it's an Android. 

If so,

Open text message app

Click 3 dots on top right

Click settings

Click Advanced

Click Sim card messages

It might be there if not you have to contact moderators

Voicemail password. You can log into self serve account and click reset voicemail password. Left of orange arrow below. Where it says"Reset voicemail password" Your password will reset to your phone number. Call your voicemail access it with your phone number as the password then follow options in your voicemail to change password.Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

Self serve account password .- use the forgot password link below

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

Need Help? Let's chat.