cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number ported

cameramanbryan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK, I'm a little more than fed up.  When I registered, the form page seems to have screwed up the number that I was trying to port and now, while I have cell service, it isn't the number I was trying to port but, instead, a different, wrong, number.  I've tried following the instructions to submit a trouble ticket but the form refuses to cooperate and I'm pretty much out of options short of giving up and going to a carrier I can actually speak to when I'm having problems.  Suggestions???  

7 REPLIES 7

@cameramanbryan it usually happens when a new user creates an account. restarting your browser and using incognito mode will usually fix it. 

cameramanbryan

This was not an autofill problem

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ya I’ve heard of similar autofill problems. I always make sure I’m in a different browser in incognito or private browsing, so nothing gets auto filled.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K    this thread might be worth forwarding to the SIMon  dev Team.    Submitting tickets should be easy and fast, nothing like the experience  user mentioned.  this is not the first time similar experiences have been reported with the ticketing system.  

cameramanbryan

OK, finally got the ticket submitted after switching to another browser.  The problem seems to be with the form submission software, not me, as i verified and double-checked the entry at sign-up for the ported number.  It seems the software confused the suffix of my alternate number with the ported number.  I'm sure it's an easy fix but so far none of this has been easy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cameramanbryan  - If you are having issues with the ticket system, try clearing your browser's cache, or running the browser in privacy/incognito mode.  If that doesn't help, tell us the exact problem / message you are getting with the ticket system.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If the chat bot is being a pain. Contact moderators via this link to send them a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As for your issue. They are the only ones that can help as they are Public Mobile. However what number do you have now? Was it just you selecting a number at sign up? 

If that's the case the only next step is to port your number over.

Need Help? Let's chat.