cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Remotely How Do I Stop These....

WINKY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I stop getting these work remotely silly asks from people......I don't want to work or need to. I'm retired and Living The Dream....... 

13 REPLIES 13

@darlicious  yes, the spammers came back.  Another customer also reported it this morning

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/59878i2CFD5458C9153899

I am surprise, I thought after the system changed to just message one person at a time, spammers will have no interest here anymore.. I guess they have ways to get around the system.. or they really got cheap labour somewhere?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@WINKY 

We're any of these messages dated past January 4th 2022? Since the  new community forum was introduced no one else has reported any spam getting thru to private message boxes so they may have all been old messages.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : Dunno. Sorry. Sounds like a function I wouldn't use.

Strange, don't know what that 'Mute' button does. 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : Dunno. Sorry. Sounds like a function I wouldn't use.

@Anonymous  - ah, I see, yes.

In changing the topic...what does Mute button do?

I muted your above message.Now what? What does it do?

esjliv_0-1643765780713.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : Yes but I emphasized ignore. We seemed to have lost that.

@WINKY  - how often are you getting these; and recently? I haven't see some in quite some time.

Announcement from 2020 about spam inbox messages, forum has changed a bit since then, but same general message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

@Anonymous  isn't this a method to report messages?

esjliv_0-1643764356594.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Go off grid or develop really thick skin and ignore notifications.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm. What exactly you are talking about????

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@WINKY 

Spammers! They are always at work…good thing you are tired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WINKY : It's spam. Unfortunately, it would seem the only thing you can do is report it and delete it. We used to be able to report it, _ignore_ it and delete it. You could also opt to stop email notifications of getting private messages at all. But then when it might come time that you need help then you might want to open that back up to get the notifications for that duration.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WINKY   Sorry, those are spam. 

Community is an open forum and everyone welcome to join. There are non PM users who want to join and ask Pre-activation questions.  Unfortunately, scammers see this loophole.

Just Report the spam by clicking on the gear on top right

E-Comm-Message-Report.jpg

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Block them for future. 

But SPAM cannot be blocked as a whole, you know that. 

Need Help? Let's chat.