cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PM be working thru the weekend to reduce the backlog

doucanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With so many backlogs and frustrated subscriber, just wondering if PM will be working thru the weekend to try to reduce them.  Seems like a sensible idea considering there are so many new subscriber frustrated and feel helpless with their porting and other issues.

31 REPLIES 31

TheBlue

@lukevader - cool, thanks I will check that out!

So far I've burned a bit too much cash.

Overall the deals seem to be lack lustre there's a few good pickings to be had.

Good luck all!

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheBlue you should check out london drugs they have 500GB SSD's from samsung for less than $200. The 850 EVO is $169 and knock off another $25 with the masterpass 

TheBlue

@lukevader - I feel your pain bro, I'm in the exact same place...

Why isn't it working yet? I told you the service would not be good.... etc etc.

Oracles, mayors, presidents, Heros..... you're still missing my point so one more try and then I'll stop.

You offering help and guidance is a good thing. BUT - when you start making statements that only PM can make, well that just adds noise to a conversation that PM should be replying too.

Either way, keep doing what you do as I know you help many - I'm off to hit the Online sales.... wishing you all Black Friday success!!!

@Mods.... still waiting, would love your help please.

Come onnnnn 4K TV, SSD drive, and graphics card!!!!!

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

lukevader

I get the frustration of waiting. I do. At the same time a bunch people have been helped by the community (e.g. guided thru porting from Koodo). I was helped before signing up (I read several posts with some do's and don'ts to help ensure the port went smooth..and it did). Not sure why you're seemingly annoyed at people just trying to help. Whatever. Moving on....

I hope your wait is over soon!

efa5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Getting through to Fido would've been just as difficult. I was skeptical at first too but PM came through for me. Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been the same. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

TheBlue

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TheBlue, you said this:  "For the supporters not employed by PM saying that things will be fixed in a week - is this based on the original message? Or hopefully you have inside information?"

I was the one who had just said that I expect things to be better next week a few posts before you. I got a notification that you replied. Thats why I offered the explanation because it clearly looked like you were referring to my comment above yours.  

Anyways, we all hope the same thing.. that PM has good reliable service now that we are all PM customers.  

@lukevader, we are not self-proclaimed anything.  We simply get these silly badges from the community.. without asking for them.  Just stick around long enough and you will get quite a few of them too.  People in this community just try to help and/or be supportive to their fellow customers.  If you don't like it, then don't ask questions to the community.. just stick to the private messages to the mods and webmails from the "Get Help" page.  

I wish you guys the best of luck in resolving your issues quickly.  I know it sucks that you guys are stuck without proper service for days and it would make me frustrated too.  

srlawren
@lukevader, @TheBlue message received, you won't see me interact with either of you again. Good luck with a speedy resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheBlue I know what you are saying eh? You WANT MODS to answer you and all these self proclaimed community citizens, oracles and mayors are like telling you blah blah blah blah. Meanwhile you feel like your requests are being ignored by the people who can actually tell you something useful.

I'm getting pretty pissed about this too. Day after day our phones still are not working. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the fido match deal. Not to mention my wife is PISSED at me because I was pushing her saying wow look at this deal, lets get it and she was like if its too good to be true it probably is. Now I'm hearing from her everyday "See? I told you so."

TheBlue

@imm1304 - you replied to my comment, I didn't ask for your opinion.

Enough already, I'm hoping the PM peeps catch up and that's it.

imm1304

@TheBlue, I understand that the long delays in resolving your issues can be frustrating.  It is reasonable that you want an update or prompt resolution to your issue.  Not sure what you expected from me, I did not cause your issues or the subsequent delays. Neither do I possess the ability to resolve your issues. 

Average person doesn't really need a lot "imagination" to come up with the comment of mine that got you triggered.  I am sorry you had unreasonable expectation that you will find the official word of PM in my comments directed at someone else in the discussion forum thread started by someone else.

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Lol. You guys are to funny 😂

TheBlue
Lol - cool, Boxing Day it is!!! 😋

Rockdaddy22
Let's be realistic, maybe by Boxing Day:)

TheBlue
I picked up a 55" 4K from Costco so I'm set there...

For me it's a whole bunch of small electronics stuffs that I have been putting off for ages.

Sales don't look that great this year.

I could also activate another PM SIM card so that it would be ready by next Black Friday 😜!

Sorry... could not resist.

Rockdaddy22
I need a big tv, what are you thinking

TheBlue
@Rockdaddy22 - peace dude, have a good evening....

Less energy on this, more energy on spending $$$ on Boxing Day tech!

Rockdaddy22
Fair enough 😞

TheBlue

Thoughtful - I get it, you mean a reply based on his imagination.

That works but I was not gonna call that out so clearly....

Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Didn't you say what if that or what if this to his very thoughtful reply? I was just saying, of course anything can happen but his gave you his best estimate.

TheBlue

Again - are these posts made just to earn Bravos?

You have no idea how many outstanding requests PM has, what the backlog is, and what they current progress is. If service was getting better, this site would not have so many people in the same state as me.

Should those facts not be important?

Regarding the world ending tomorrow - sure, it could.... but I  have no idea what that has to do with anything... except for confirming my thoughts that you are commenting based on nothing.

I'll just stop replying now as debating with people who have no idea what is actually going on makes no sense, nor does factless feedback help anyone.

I hope a Moderator replies.... would be a great help.

Rockdaddy22
I thought he gave you a pretty spot on response. Things are looking a lot better around here lately. Of course anything could happen. Check the announcements

Rockdaddy22
And the world 🌎 could end tomorrow, who knows.

srlawren

@imm1304 wrote:

PM mods work 7 days a week.  

9AM to 9PM Monday to Thursday

9AM to 5:30pm Friday to Sunday

Plus, additional existing staff have also joined in to help and they have been working extra hours beyond these posted hours during the last few weeks.  

The backlog should clear this week and customers should expect more reasonable resolution times moving forward.  

Small note:  those listed times are EST (Toronto/Montreal time zone).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TheBlue

@imm1304 Not trying to cause grief mate - but unless you are sitting in a meeting room at PM you have no idea what their actual plans are.

They could drop the extra help tomorrow - thereby extending the wait, or they could throw an extra 5 people on so things would be fixed very quickly.

When people see posts like yours they assume that they are based on facts, not obervations unless otherwise specified. This is probably one of the challenges of a forum like this where new comers may not always understand that the only people actually sitting at a PM desk are the MODS, and only they would have service specific answers.

For other things - this forum is a great idea.

I sent in a private message several days ago with a follow-up today - not read yet.

I did see Mary post in one of the new topics, too bad she did not reply to earlier private messages and forum comments first. Which is another challenge - customer service should not be about helping people in random order, it should be about replying in the order that requests come in .

Wishing only the best for PM as they figure things out - and hopefully offer a proper update.

imm1304

Hi @TheBlue,

How long has it been since you sent a private message?  No service on your old sim card?  In most stuck port requests, the old sim card continues to work until the number transfer is complete.  

I am basing my estimate on the following observations:

• Mods have themselves been seen online several hours past their shifts on multiple occasions.
  • Additional staff, especially Jeremy and Carolina, have joined the mods to help out.  
  • We are told others have been helping when possible as well. 
  • Its been taking ~5 days for the mods to respond. Weekend's requests were resolved today in a few cases. So they are into the last days of the promo now.  
  • Once the promo expired, new activations significantly dropped as expected, and associated need for help with activation/porting realted troubles also declined proportionally. 
  • Historically, mods have always been responsive and active in threads, so I expect them to go back to doing what they did before the promo.  This is my logic for saying next week should be much better.

TheBlue

I don't understand why everyone is referring to one comment from several days ago with a commitment to fix things.... and then nothing since?

For the supporters not employed by PM saying that things will be fixed in a week - is this based on the original message? Or hopefully you have inside information?

Please Public Mobile - just throw up a general update for those of us missing texts and not ported yet.

doucanada

Thanks for all the replies.  Glad to know.

First post shows the extra effort they are putting in to get this cleared up

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304

PM mods work 7 days a week.  

9AM to 9PM Monday to Thursday

9AM to 5:30pm Friday to Sunday

Plus, additional existing staff have also joined in to help and they have been working extra hours beyond these posted hours during the last few weeks.  

The backlog should clear this week and customers should expect more reasonable resolution times moving forward.  

Need Help? Let's chat.