cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I EVER get support from a MOD?

remik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I helped a friend activate 2 lines on the 20th and 1 ported without issue, but the other failed and asked to contact the community. I have PM's, Tweeted, Facebook Messaged, and sent a support ticket through the site, and not even an acknowledgement that the message has atleast been read. I know PM is a no-frills carrier, but this lack of ANY customer service is ridiculous. Can any of the MODs atleast give us a more accurate time frame of when we can expect some support? 

@Shazia_K, @Saray_O, @Mary_M, @Jeremy_M, @Caroline_D 

10 REPLIES 10

remik
Wtf, pretty much every post is about failed activation. What the hell is public doing with the $6000000 ($120 x 50,000), obviously not hiring any more mods. With this amount of cash there should be at least 100 mods hired on a 3 mth contract to help with this **bleep** backlog.

remik
Partially worked, as we were actually able to login to the account, but porting issue persists.

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They've apparently brought in extra help. Mods are working their tails off, and the backlog remains...glad I'm not in the Mods shoes.

No doubt there's lessons to be learned for PM.

Any luck with the steps from the previous post?...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

Or should I assume it didn't work...

remik
OK, I understand they are overwhelmed but if you offer such a plan then you prepare by hiring more mods to handle the influx of customers, they can afford it with the 50k customers they gained from this promo.

oilblue99

@magical

An unread private message to a Mod does not mean it hasn't been looked at. Agreed it doesn't look good...but they have additional mechanisms to read those messages, and that type of access doesn't necessarily mark the message as read. See here.

oilblue99

Does the old SIM work only for incoming but not outgoing? Ouch.

Have you tried these steps:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

Perhaps the account isn't quite set up. Might just need a kick start... It's worked for some people anyway, and is worth a shot.

Good luck!

J-J
They are definitely busy. I got my issue resolved today. Waited over 5 days which was fine for me recognizing how busy they are.

remik

@Shazia_K any chance you could take a look? Ive referred numerous people to Public even before joining myself as I was on contract. I don't mind the online community / email support behind Public Mobile's model, but it would be nice to get a response within 48-72hrs as mentioned when you open a service ticket. I understand the MODs are backlogged because of the promo but then they should hire more MODs or atleast update the site with a more accurate ETR.

remik

My friend has to carry around 2 phones, incomming works on one, and outgoing on the other, its a failed port. Unable to login to the "my account" either as she gets error that its not valid. Tried redoing the activation again and it fails as the sim is "in use".

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you checked the SIM card recently to see if it works? Mine (and many other peoples) started working after a few days.

Need Help? Let's chat.