cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why there is no signal once I put the SIM card into my new phone Hongmi Note 12 Turbo?

Helen-2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why there is no signal once I put the SIM card into my new phone Hongmi Note 12 Turbo?

4 REPLIES 4

@softech other way around!

MB has only B2, there's no spectrum license for 850 MHz (B5) for Telus in Manitoba. In Winnipeg and Brandon Telus operates an independent RAN, which only uses Telus spectrum. Outside of those cities they share with Bell and Rogers, so they still have access to B5.

@Helen-2021 first, your phone might still work but it won't work great.  The reason is that you only have 1 compatible 3G band and 1 compatible LTE band.  You will expect lots of issue like that as not all area has comverage with all the PM bands.

As said earlier, you can try your like with changing the Preferred network type to 3G.  You are lucky that MB still has 850mhz on 3G which your phone has (there is no 1900  in some area of MB)

again, any phone should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.  Your phone does not have all these bands and hence you will experience this a lot and you should looking into another phone.  Many Chinese made phons not sold in North America are not designed with all the bands we use and therefore you will see it connects on some area but not all 

Helen-2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It worked when I was in BC last Friday. Why it doesn't workable in MB?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Helen-2021 is that a Xiaomi ?.

it could be a compatibility issue or blacklisted

check if blacklist here..

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

as to compatibility, your phone does not seems to be fully compatible on LTE and 3G. You only have one compatible bands on 3G and one on 4G.  

Any phone should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.

Maybe try changing the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G and see if it connects(could still not connect)

I suggest you to use another phone instead 

FYI  this is the band on your phone (Bold are the compatible bands)

3G bands HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 2100
CDMA2000 1x
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 19, 34, 38, 39,

and PM uses these bands

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.