cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why slow data

F4g91YzT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mobile data became so slow (almost no internet) as a user in downtown vancouver BC. Is this related to me ending the 90days term after switching to Public? Is it always this slow? (I doubt so but the speed got slow right on the day I paid the monthly fee.

I can't even start internet speed test. 

I'm writing this on wifi. My plan is 40GB on 4G, and I barely used 250mb now (as I said the speed got slow on the monthly renewal date which was 3 days ago)

Screenshot_20241012-141518_Chrome.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

hi @Jsmoo 

did you try 3G only or WCDMA only?

Jsmoo

I’m having the same issue in Vancouver. I’ve resetted the network on my phone,

restated my phone and still, the internet is so slow I can’t even load up speed test and it took me about 6 tries to even log into the public mobile app.. 

Steve5439
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The PublicMobile/Telus network is screwed for data the last few days in the lower mainland. Some times it works, some times it doesn't. It appears to be an issue with the speed throttling they do as I don't believe unthrottled Telus customers are having the issue. It is not a problem with your phone. I've verified this with many people/accounts/phones near me.

hi @F4g91YzT change back to the Lte/4g mode tomorrow and hope it works then 

F4g91YzT

Thank you @hTideGnow Now it works!

I changed the settings to connect to GSM/HSPA only on My Samsung Galaxy.

Screenshot_20241012-150421_Call settings.jpg

Screenshot_20241012-150425_Call settings.jpg

Now I have the internet though a bit slower than expected. Well it's better though than no internet.

Screenshot_20241012-150356_Chrome.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@F4g91YzT 

Check your voice and data setting on 4G/LTE and see if that helps.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @F4g91YzT there has been major data issue I'm Vancouver since yesterday 

try reboot your phone first

if same, the current workaround until issue is fully resolved is to change the network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only

Need Help? Let's chat.