cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my cell is deactivated?

ericxsk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is $40 for 30-day, and is on auto-pay. However, I can't use my cell two days ago. I thought something wrong with the network, but I logged in my account and found that my plan didn't renew because Public Mobile didn't receive my payment. I called my credit card company and was told everything is fine with my credit card. Should I make a manual payment to reactivate my plan or wait PM to resolve the payment issue at their side?

Thanks,

Eric

17 REPLIES 17

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SundoggyI tried 3 different browsers and even fro my phone.  i click sublit then yes to immideate plan change then a purple/pink message shows up saying error unable to change plan.  I do no not want  to futuredate a plan change becasue if an issue arises...i cant be wothout service. especially this week becasue I will need USA roaming Nov 1.

Sundoggy

mimmo, I wonder if there have been some issues with the PM website over the past couple of days. At one point while I was working through the troubles described in this thread the required boxes to input my credit card information wouldn't show up. I logged out, waited an hour, logged in again and it worked.

mimmo

I have been trying to change from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan since Thursday. Every time I try I get an error message.  Renewal is today. As mentioned messaged mods still no reply...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sundoggy beat me to it 🙂

Sundoggy

-by default you will go to the "overview" tab, click on the "payment" tab

-about half way down the next page you will see "manage my card" click on it

-on the next page you will see the options to "replace this credit card" and "remove this credit card"

I first removed my credit card info and then put it in again as if it were a new card. After that just make sure you are still signed in for Autopay. Make sense?

ericxsk

OK, I'll make a manual payment to get my cell reactivated. Thank you for your help! Much appreciated! But I am really upset about PM customer service, after have been PM customer for two years on autoPay program! It shouldn't have happened. 

ericxsk

But how do I remove my autopay setting in my PM account? I can only change my credit card number, but not completely remove it. Thank you for your help anyway!

Sundoggy

FWIW at first I tried to do a manual payment but it didn't work. I don't recall the exact message but something to the effect that my payment would not go through. That is when I called my credit card company. 

After that I first removed and then put my credit card info back in and was able to make a manual payment.

mimmo

@ericxsk the quickest way to reactivate your account is to add funds via manual payment. Credit card or voucher .

If phone does not startthen toggle the lost stolen mode is selfserve for 5 minutes.

Waiting for mods will entail a 3 day wait at current support levels. I sent my last question for support Thursday morning and have not heard anything from back.

Sundoggy

I just had the exact same problem. I also called my credit card company to confirm the problem wasn't my credit card. My solution was to go into my PM account and remove my credit card information and then put it back in. I then made a manual payment. Just tried calling myself and all seems well again but some texts that I know were sent to me over the past couple of day seem to be lost.

Don't forget to make sure you are still on Autopay. Perhaps a glitch somewhere in the PM system??? Good luck, hope this solution works for you too 🙂

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you talked to your bank, did you ask if a payment had gone through on your card? If it did then I would try adding a $1 to see if it activates it (as noted above). If it did not go through, then you may need to check to make sure you have the correct information in PM and get a voucher or add the amount to your acct. needed. Also Moderator assistance may be needed if that does not work.

ericxsk

As you suggested, I submit my question. Thanks.

ericxsk

It is shown on autopay status in my PM account.

mimmo

@CS_Agent if you are going to post in the forums for customers to contact you via private message I think you should also post approximate wait times.  Ie please expect a reply in 72+ hours.

This users question I do not think require a private message until basic troubleshooting is done.  Ie top up account to reactivate the line.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@ericxsk wrote:

My plan is $40 for 30-day, and is on auto-pay. However, I can't use my cell two days ago. I thought something wrong with the network, but I logged in my account and found that my plan didn't renew because Public Mobile didn't receive my payment. I called my credit card company and was told everything is fine with my credit card. Should I make a manual payment to reactivate my plan or wait PM to resolve the payment issue at their side?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi,

First I must say congratulations. never seen the MODs respond so quickly to a thread.

I assume you have sent them a message?

In the meantime in self serve does autopay display active with the right CC number?

mimmo

I would try making a manual payment of $1 to see if it goes through. If it does then top up the rest.  If it does not buy a voucher from recharge.con and use that to top up.

Then deal with cc issues after 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your current issue, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.