cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Public Mobile not support data tracking on iOS?

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’ve been frustrated with iOS for ages because of the difference in data/cellular/mobile tracking compared to Android with their fancy automatically resetting system data tracker, etc.

However, I was just told that apparently Apple implemented the feature in iOS 11 and that it’s up to the cellular carrier to provide support for this.

So assuming that’s correct, why do we not have this yet, when will we receive it & how come we don’t already since we’re nearing iOS 16?

3 REPLIES 3

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

However, I was just told that apparently Apple implemented the feature in iOS 11 and that it’s up to the cellular carrier to provide support for this.

@CanadianPerson0   who told you that?  there is no such new feature in iOS11

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CanadianPerson0   as far as I know, it's iOS lacks the support of having monthly data tracking, which Android has.

HOWEVER, even Android cannot track PM 's 30 days cycle automatically  (unless people reset the cycke date every 30 days to reset the counter).  You can blame PM for using a 30 days cycle while the build-in tracker can only track monthly, but I wouldn't say it is PM NOT SUPPORT data tracking (Because data track is a feature on the device itself and reset cycle start date, it's NOT PM sent the usage to your phone)

If you need to track 30 days data used and have it to automatically reset it every 30 days following PM's cycle date, download 3rd party app like My Data Manager.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

hairbag1_0-1651683439434.png

Need Help? Let's chat.