cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did the ship get lost at sea?

oadest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Because the ports were incomplete.

My attempt at a cheesy joke to hopefully get one of the mods to see this because now I have no phone service whatsoever.

I completed my activation on Friday and, on the Transaction Summary page, I got the message that activtion failed.  During the activtion I got texts from Public informing me of my pin (not the one I entered) and my rewards.

I was able to sign up for my self-serve account using the number I ported over and I see the promo plan listed. 

I've put the Public Mobile sim card in, followed the instructions for setting up the APN, and power cycled my phone several times.  I've got the messages that the "Your Sim card does not allow a connection to this network" and "Selected network (Public Mobile) unavailable"

Thankfully, since Friday my old Telus sim card was working and I have been able to continue on. 

Not so thankfully, I just received my e-mail from Telus saying that my account with them has been closed and my sim card has now stopped working. 

At this point, I can't make or receive any calls or texts.

My husband, who refered me also got a text saying that his refer a friend reward will be less because I have left Public Mobile. 

Can I please get some assistance from one of the mods?  I need my phone for on call shifts at work 

8 REPLIES 8

oadest

Bumping for visibility

doucanada

Good advice, I have it on my phone but hardly use it but it's there when needed, just a different number.  I still can't receive any calls on my PM, only make calls and have data.  My Rogers is still working though.

Emergency mode:  try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. SMS is $2-3/mo.

It's my backup set up on an iPod. Just painful since it's a different number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SmudgeBro

Yes, waiting with you too.  Hoping a Mod will see my PM, or ticket.

Since we tagged and you messaged twice, all you can do now is wait... I think it's referred to as the "hope and praying" stage! Robot Happy  (sorry we don't have a better solution)

oadest

I should mention that I've messaged the mods twice now; once on Friday and once today. 

Since I still had service from Telus, I was going the patient-wait it out route but now that I've lost my service I figured it was time to ask for more help.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@oadest  Your port is stuck somewhere at sea!  you definitely need to message the mods and provide the relevant info from the below post.  They'll get to your issue as soon as possible.  im sure you've heard this but hang in there and hopefully the wait isnt too long.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@oadest you came to the right place to get some help... and nice joke by the way! Robot LOL

Since you're one of the people without service, I hope that PM would give you priority over those needing account changes (but still have service). I'm going to tag @Shazia_K for you and maybe she can help today. I can't guarantee it, but let's try anyway!

As for the referral issue for your husband, that's a account change that they'd need to make. I had it happen to me as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.