cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I be sent a QR code for an eSIM?

zaycsmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I've had the issue of the eSIM not downloading to my Google Pixel 8 Pro through the Public Mobile app. I've seen online that they suggest scanning a QR code in the confirmation email, but I never got that. Public now tells me I need a physical SIM and they can't send me the QR code because the eSIM was 'not populated'. I've been back and forth a few times but I'm not getting specific and clear answers as to why I need to abandon having an eSIM, can anyone help me out? If someone knows what not populated really means then that would be great. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

hi @zaycsmith reinstall the app and rebuy from the Account page

zaycsmith

Hi @hTideGnow , this is my first time going with an eSIM, my previous plans with public were physical SIMs. Are you suggesting reinstalling the app? I've tried that but never had the option to repurchase anything?

hi @zaycsmith rebuying eSIM is supposed to free.  Many people have problem with the initial eSIM purchase and they reinstall the app the rebuy and fixed the problem. Why not try it

and just in case the system still charges you the $5, which it should not, you can ask support for reimbursement 

zaycsmith

Hi @hTideGnow ,

Thanks for your reply. I've submitted a couple tickets already, but they are telling me I need to purchase a physical SIM and that they can't send me the QR code because the "eSIM was not populated", which I started in my first post. I'm just confused as to what they mean, and why they can't just send me the QR code. Their answers have been far from specific. I've had plans with Public through this account before but haven't had an active one since a year ago. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @zaycsmith 

if it is a new activation, you will get the QR code.  But if it is buying eSIM on existing account, then you might not get the QR code automatically.  But ask PM support agent, they might be able to send you one 

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.