cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why PM target FM customer only

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Why PM target FM customer only, the rest of the people from other providers or current PM are not welcome the Promo offer ?

19 REPLIES 19

npcan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was being sarcastic, if that wasn't obvious enough.

But my point was that everyone is now offended at any slight or difference.  The entitlement-generation now thinks targeted advertising is too much privilege.

Please do not associate the selective, targeted sale of a promo as racist.  It is far from the truth.  I'm sorry, but you do not have a Human Right's challenge here.

i too wish it was open to everyone who wants to join, but in this case, the required element is that the ported phone number must come from a specific cellular carrier.

There was nothing stopping you from signing up with Freedom, and immediately porting out to Public.

npcan

@Wonder_why wrote:

Agrred but the Promo offer should be open for everyone not just FM customers or look like racism, please corrected me, if I am wrong, just my 2 cents. Man Frustrated

Yes, everything I dislike is racist.  Robot Mad

Wonder_why

Now Rogers offering the response of PM offer $50 for 4GB loyalty plan and Fido $45 for 4GB compition is good for consumer HeartSmiley Happy

@featherland wrote:

I just missed out on this promo offer and i switched from FM in April this year so really it isn't long ago. I agree it would've been awesome should PM consider giving us or as you said even the people who have recently switched from other service providers on those extra 2g per month. So far I have been satisfied with PM whether i am at work or off work where telus signal is always great vs my previous carriers such as rogers or FM which isnt as good. I can tell you guys that I will certainly stay with PM. Lets hope that PM will soon offer the promo again for all of us. Bravo

Why don't you leave and come back immediately so that you can qualify for the promo? 

@xuzhaohan2012 wrote:
Have several questions:
1. I am transferring from Freedom Mobile and my 2-year wind-tab plan expires Sep this year but I still want to catch PM's offer for Freedom Mobile customers, how should I cancel the Freedom Monile's plan? Can I carry the phone number to PM? Do I need to pay any penalty for FM?
2. After 90-day $40 plan expires, can I renew the plan and still get the same price and same plan (4gb data per month)?

1.  You transfer your number by porting it to Public Mobile during the activation process.  Porting from Freedom is actually mandatory in order to get the promo.  Once you port your number over the Public Mobile, the Freedom account will close, they will issue a final bill for service up to the port date plus what remains of your phone subsidy.  Do not try to close your Freedom account because that will interfere with the porting process.  Let the porting process close the Freedom account.

2.  The promo does not expire on renewal.  The price and plan will grandfather as long as you stay on the plan and keep making payments.

Time is ticking, do not hesitate too long.  If you have not ordered a SIM, best to do so ASAP.  We will roll out the welcome mat when you decide to come over from the dark side.

chung01

How to get this plan without risking your own number

1) Go to Freedom and sign up a number
2) Port your Freedom number to Public Mobile
3) After you get the plan, port your real number over

How Province-wide talk works: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... /true#M257
When in your province:
All calls made within your province are free
All calls received from anywhere are free
Any calls made to anywhere outside your province require a long distance add-on ($8 for 200 mins and $15 for 400 mins (includes international LD to 18 countries), add on never expires until you use it all up)

When outside your province
Calls made to whichever province you are in are free
INCOMING Calls all over Canada may be free. I used phone travelling outside the province and incoming calls worked for 3 weeks without add-on but PM forum has conflicting views.
Outgoing in the province you are travelling is FREE. Calling outside the province needs add-on: about 4cents/min (200/400 min for $8/$15), this add-on rolls over - never expires

SMS and Data have no provincial restrictions. You send/receive text and use Data anywhere within Canada. Province Wide only applies to voice calls.

Public mobile also offers US roaming option - Packs for 10 days cost: 
$8 for text only OR talk only; 
$15 for talk+text and 
$20 for talk+text+data (250 MB). 
Data only for 10 days is $10-250 MB; $15 - 500 MB and $20 - 1 GB 

@xuzhaohan2012 Just in case you missed it DO NOT CANCEL your Freedom account, or warn them you are leaving. Though you may want to check the fees they charge for buying out the phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

QTPie
That's great to hear. I switched and have no ragrats.

You're very lucky as the promo has been extended till jul 6th so hurry get your sim and activate it.

As for your FM account, when you port your number over, they should automatically cancel your existing wind plan and charge you the unpaid amount on your tab. But best to call them after the port to make sure they don't keep charging you.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xuzhaohan2012 wrote:
Me too!!!! Just want to transfer from FM to PM these days. Already order a SIM card. Do I need to tell FM I want to cancel current plan (my 2-year wind tab plan expires this Sep)?

No - PM will cancel your Freedom plan during the port process, you don't need to do anything and actually I think if Freedom were to cancel your plan themselves you'd be ineligible for the promo.

What will happen is you should get your final bill from Freedom that will include your remaining tab amount.

featherland

Pls correct me if i am wrong. pls visit: https://www.freedommobile.ca/my-account/support/devices. It tells you all. I believe you just need to pay whatever the balance owed and you are good to leave FM.

you certainly will be able to port your number and once you are in PM family and as long as you stay with PM, your plan will stay the same for good which is 4g a month. 

Pls be reminded that this promo offer expires on June 30 . Good luck

xuzhaohan2012
Me too!!!! Just want to transfer from FM to PM these days. Already order a SIM card. Do I need to tell FM I want to cancel current plan (my 2-year wind tab plan expires this Sep)?

Wonder_why

@xuzhaohan2012 You can port your FM to PM and auto FM will charge you the balance Tab left over

Wonder_why

Agrred but the Promo offer should be open for everyone not just FM customers or look like racism, please corrected me, if I am wrong, just my 2 cents. Man Frustrated

xuzhaohan2012
Have several questions:
1. I am transferring from Freedom Mobile and my 2-year wind-tab plan expires Sep this year but I still want to catch PM's offer for Freedom Mobile customers, how should I cancel the Freedom Monile's plan? Can I carry the phone number to PM? Do I need to pay any penalty for FM?
2. After 90-day $40 plan expires, can I renew the plan and still get the same price and same plan (4gb data per month)?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Fido was also targeting freedom. The big boys are thrying to push the new kid on the block around, or they are scared that freedom with its new spectrum might become a real player and they are trying to poach customers before its too late.

featherland

I just missed out on this promo offer and i switched from FM in April this year so really it isn't long ago. I agree it would've been awesome should PM consider giving us or as you said even the people who have recently switched from other service providers on those extra 2g per month. So far I have been satisfied with PM whether i am at work or off work where telus signal is always great vs my previous carriers such as rogers or FM which isnt as good. I can tell you guys that I will certainly stay with PM. Lets hope that PM will soon offer the promo again for all of us. Bravo

QTPie
I'm sure a huge part of it is also due to targeted marketing. People with big 3 who are already paying overpriced plans tend to stick with what they got..maybe cause they can afford it or don't care much about saving. Customers of Freedom probably are more actively searching for a better deal so why not target your advertising towards your most immediate competitor?

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
It is because freedom had a promo for a $40 dollar plan, so PM is countering it.
Need Help? Let's chat.