cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can not call my friend phone number 437-223-**** chart phone number

Liping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend just have new phone number from chatr 437-223-****. When I call him. It say that is long district .I need to add on . But his phone number is toronto number. My number is toronto number too. We just have different company. Why I can not call him?

17 REPLIES 17

@Liping wrote:

My friend just have new phone number from chatr 437-223-****. When I call him. It say that is long district .I need to add on . But his phone number is toronto number. My number is toronto number too. We just have different company. Why I can not call him?

I just wanted to add that the fact that you both have a Toronto phone number actually makes no difference.  What matters is where you are trying to call from to call the Toronto number.  Public Mobile does sometimes have the problem you are describing, and unfortunately, this isn't the first time we've read about this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm aware that the area code has been around for a while. The prefix could be new. Interesting that on the Wikipedia page I linked to in my post earlier it doesn't even show 223. It shows a bunch of others but not 223. That's why I wondered if maybe 223 was new.

Edit: Maybe a little more corroborating evidence for my hunch.

This site can find 437-222 numbers that I pull out of the air. It can find 437-266 numbers. But it fails to find any 437-223 numbers. No I didn't go through all 9999 #'s.

I was able to find elsewhere a list showing that 437-223 belongs to Rogers (which owns Chatr).

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

More like years and there were a bunch of 437 as well as 647's when I downloaded an voip app over a year ago.

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that a new area code and prefix?

Maybe it's not known yet as a valid area code and prefix.

No, 437 is not new. Many months old.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@wmleung wrote:

Make sure you include the country code "1" as well to avoid that long distance charge.

so, you will have to dial 1-437-223-**** to call properly.

Good luck.

FYI: NEVER a long distance charge, or data overage for that matter. A service just stops if unpaid, or, as can happen, has been provisioned incorrectly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CherylKirby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I get the "Sorry" message anytime I call any number within Canada if I add the "1" before the area code. Because I have the Canada-wide calling, any numbers called within Canada aren't considered long distance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szymon247 wrote:

So we need to add +1 because the area codes were not updated for over 5 years? 😉 I get a long-distance warning when dialing without +1, which is funny.

There may be a language issue going on but how I interpret the OP's writing is that they can't call the number. Some suggested of course +1. I find that the system will just connect the call anyway taking that second longer to do so along with the message if I don't dial the 1.

But the OP is saying they can't call them and that adding the 1 didn't fix the problem.

So I went looking on a hunch and found that maybe that prefix isn't known to the system yet. The area code is probably fine but not the prefix.

It's just a hunch.

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: According to this it is a new prefix. It's not even on that reference. So it seems to me that MacMe and RobertQC are right and that PM needs to get that area code/prefix combo entered into the system.

So we need to add +1 because the area codes were not updated for over 5 years? 😉 I get a long-distance warning when dialing without +1, which is funny.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: According to this it is a new prefix. It's not even on that reference. So it seems to me that MacMe and RobertQC are right and that PM needs to get that area code/prefix combo entered into the system.

Liping

No that is not solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is this being repeated? Was it not resolved?

Liping

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wmleung wrote:

Funny that the solution you marked does not have any solution.

I accidentally deleted it.

wmleung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Funny that the solution you marked does not have any solution.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Sorry you are having trouble. You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. Also your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I believe you'll need to send a private message to Moderator_Team and ask them to look at your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

wmleung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure you include the country code "1" as well to avoid that long distance charge.

so, you will have to dial 1-437-223-**** to call properly.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.