cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the extra money go

ScottMacFarlane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded ny plan today. I had a balance  of $5 and added 60 because it said i needed more money to uphrade from $35 to $50 plan due on 21 so where did the 15$ extra go my internet still not working

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@ScottMacFarlane wrote:

I upgraded ny plan today. I had a balance  of $5 and added 60 because it said i needed more money to uphrade from $35 to $50 plan due on 21 so where did the 15$ extra go my internet still not working

Did you do an immediate change or future-dated change?  If you did immediate change, you should have a $15 balance in your account. I fyou future-dated the change, you should have a balance of $65. If you future-dated the plan change, internet could be not working because the plan wasn't changed yet and you are still on the old plan that you ran out of data from.

@ScottMacFarlane 

If you chose "renew plan now" then you've immediately discarded your old/existing plan and immediately begun your new/chosen plan. You got charged the full price of the new plan, you didn't get any carryover or refund or credit or pro-rated returns from any unused days or talk minutes or data remaining on your old plan - it's just gone.

If you chose "renew plan on next cycle" then your old plan ends when it's supposed to end and your new plan begins immediately afterwards.

If you lost funds by making the common mistake (basically paid for a plan, then deleted it and paid for another plan right away) then you'll have to ask @CS_Agent to correct your account balance. Don't feel bad, the fault is really caused more by uninformative and uncooperative Self-Serve interface than by customer decision.

Taxes are unavoidable and assessed at point of payment. A Payment Voucher costs price+tax. AutoPay charges your credit card price+tax. But once the funds have been paid/deposited to account balance they are not taxed again. A $50 account balance will pay for a $50 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottMacFarlane wrote:

Just adding money doesn't do anything.

Did you do an immediate plan change?

What is your Available Funds now?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ScottMacFarlane 

Could it be the applicable tax?

Also, when you upgrade plans immediately (and not on next renewal), your account 'start date' begins from the DATE of the upgrade so you're charged the full 30-day amount of the new plan from the day of the upgrade, not a pro-rated difference between the two plan amounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.