cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you post a PM in SIMon to a mod does it show in messages sent?

Colaria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you post a PM in SIMon to a mod does it show in messages sent?

10 REPLIES 10

@Colaria 

That is unfortunate  that you experienced a few fails upon activation. The general rule of thumb when it comes ti porting in a mobile number is it should complete within two hours....three max. 

Upon activation and inserting the pm sim in your phone you should immediately be able to make calls and send texts. If you are unable to do so then your account or your sim did not  provision correctly. At this point you would contact a moderator.

If you can make calls /send texts then you would check for incoming calls/texts. The first text you should recieve would be from pm with the 4 digit pin code for your account. Next would be your incoming calling. This should all happen within a few minutes. If it doesn't try calling your number to see which voicemail it goes to  your old providers or pm's? Check on your old account is it still active or has it been closed/cancelled? If it's still active then your number has not ported

I certainly hope the moderators  were able to port your number without much more of a delay and you are now enjoying your cheaper and better service. Welcome to public mobile!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Colaria    you can always use your old sim till the port is completed

@Colaria 

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

Colaria

Thanks. Tried that already

Colaria

It’s a Samsung A515F/DS

@Colaria what's the make and model of your phone?

• try restarting your phone
  • reset your network settings

@Colaria it typically takes a few hours to complete a port from virgin if all details are correct.

The port may be stuck which only Moderators can fix.

Sorry this has inconvenienced you. Since you already contacted them. They should get back to you very shortly and resolve the issue.

Welcome to Public Mobile and if you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus it will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Colaria

Thanks for the link to the mods. I did send a private message.

I ported my number from Virgin, which seems to be successful but I’m unable to receive or send Texts and calls. It seems like my account wasn’t set up correctly as the email I used says it’s not registered. I did use SIMon but it’s been a couple of days and I wanted to make sure my request went through.

hopefully I’ll get a response by tomorrow.

If you use simon you first have to get to the point where it says "click here to submit a ticket".

Then it will ask you to log into your community forum Account.

Next you follow the prompts then describe your issue.

Last would be to verify your self serve account. 

Only then is a ticket submitted to moderators.

Or you can send them a private message via link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Do you have an issue we can help you with??

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Colaria only the private messages you've sent to the mod will show in that folder. whatever you've typed in SIMon won't be in your sent messages folder

Need Help? Let's chat.