cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Wifi Calling be available

WifiCalling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wifi calling is almost a necessity these days.  I'm shocked to find out it's not offered.  The company I work for of 1,000 people would all cancel Rogers and switch to public mobile if this feature was available.  A bit of a head scratcher.  Can an admin , tech or owner answer this for me ?  When?

6 REPLIES 6

choding_guelph
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

once a while I used Fongo service. it was good. 

i think you need wifi call, go to Fongo with free service.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Telus itself only has wifi calling for monthly postpaid plans, it's not available for Telus prepaid.  It looks like it is the same for Bell and Rogers (post paid only).   We only recently got VoLTE on PM.  You could always use something like Fongo to be able to call over wifi although with the inconvenience of a different phone number, but at least it is free for the most part.

@WifiCalling wrote:

Is there someone to contact or talk to do you know?  Someone that would know of they are working on this or rolling it out soon?

@WifiCalling - how long have you been a public mobile customer for? Do you know this community is for members (non-public mobile representatives) to post questions and help one another?

Public does not make it obvious how to contact a public mobile representative do they? Have you checked out the check help section, have you noticed that chat bubble a the bottom, right of the community page. Ways could be found if it is understood clearly who is who and what is what.

fyi, Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

@WifiCalling wrote:

Is there someone to contact or talk to do you know?  Someone that would know of they are working on this or rolling it out soon?

@WifiCalling You would need to contact customer service. I'm not sure they will know but it's worth a shot.

To contact a Customer Service Rep you can send them a private message at the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though they are typically much faster. Keep an eye on the envelope icon for replies.

WifiCalling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@WifiCalling  No word on  wifi calling coming here you would need Koodo or Telus for that feature if it’s important to you . Note I’m just a customer like you trying to help so no insider info here either . So fingers crossed 🤞 it does happen 

Need Help? Let's chat.