cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it comes to Coverage for 3G & 4G LTE, It's ONE and the SAME

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The Coverage for BOTH 3G & 4G LTE is the same, no difference.

PM should ensure to make that very clear, so that some people don't get confused over this

9 REPLIES 9

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lol @makkahn28, why are words needed when there is a coverage map already.  To further elaborate on local differences between 3G and LTE coverage in detail is impossible.  Let just leave it at the overall coverage is good, local variations in performance are possible. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey guys :D, our 3G & 4G LTE both have the same coverage, here's our coverage map (https://publicmobile.ca/en/qc/coverage).

@computergeek541, Perhaps IF you can show a Coverage Map of this, that may prove 110%Useful and Credible in educating People on this

Yes, for most purposes of comparison, most users might as well consider the coverage between the 3g and 4g networks to be the same.

There will be some minor differences in coverage area because the LTE network has more frequencies available, some of which are not in use on the 3g network.  Therefore, there will be slight differences, with coverage between 3g and 4g not being 100% identifical.

Alow me to rephrase.

3G vs 4G LTE

3G is for Talk+Text+Data

4G LTE is MAINLY Data, BUT hoping for VoLTE someday

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

From my understanding, PM’s voice calling works off 3G so it relates to voice, text, and data. I really don’t think this is a big area of confusion tbh. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are some people who might not be fully aware.

This is to reissue that Info.

PLUS, 3G is JUST mainly for the Data, NOT Talk+Text

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is there a lot of confusion about this?

Need Help? Let's chat.