cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I call the USA from Canada my number on their phones appears as from Russia

wildnomad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem.  I was wondering my USA friends don't answer my calls.  Turns out that my number on their phones appears as RUSSIA (not a number like +1....) just says Russia.   How can I change this?  Does anyone have the same problem.  I know that in Canada when I call people they see my phone number come up. 

6 REPLIES 6

Well thank heavens the USA now thinks Russia is great, they likely will answer your calls. 

AE_Collector

@wildnomad wrote:

It's anyone I call in the USA, in 4 different states, and different providers.  

That is unusual. You can click the ? in lower right side of page to start process of moderator assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. The moderator tem will help you out.

wildnomad

It's anyone I call in the USA, in 4 different states, and different providers.  

@wildnomad wrote:

I'm not sure where the problem might lie.  I know that the settings on my phone for caller ID are "Network Default."

If you call anyone else and they don't see Russia...I think the problem is on the other end.

wildnomad

I'm not sure where the problem might lie.  I know that the settings on my phone for caller ID are "Network Default."

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@wildnomad wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem.  I was wondering my USA friends don't answer my calls.  Turns out that my number on their phones appears as RUSSIA (not a number like +1....) just says Russia.   How can I change this?  Does anyone have the same problem.  I know that in Canada when I call people they see my phone number come up. 

That a first !  I think the problem is with their phone. Nothing you can do on your end. Try blocking your caller ID by dialling *67, then area code and number. See if that works.

Need Help? Let's chat.