cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the latest one can be on a payment?

tommygun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm in a bit of a snag financially. My next payment date is on the 16th and will be about $200. Unless I can find a job or sell off a couple things I own, it's likely that I won't have the money to pay the bill until January 1st, when I get another student loan installment. That's a problem because it's two weeks and two days past my renewal date. I know with Koodo you can rack up a decent amount of debt before you have to pay, but Public Mobile isn't Koodo. So how long am I able to go without paying while retaining service? Thanks guys.
2 REPLIES 2

Korth
Mayor / Maire

That being said, you can change your plan to something much cheaper than $200.  Login to your PM Self-Serve Account, click "Change Plan", choose your plan options (Days of Service, Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, and Data), and click the "Change on next renewal date" button near the bottom of the page.

A 30-day plan with No Talk (local unlimited talk), No Text, and No Data is just $10; or $25 if you need to include (Global) Text.  You'll need a working phone to get a job, lol.  You might also need working text to get a job, and for personal communications, but you might be able to live without text since the talk is Unlimited.

You can purchase Talk Add-Ons from Public Mobile for long distance calls if needed (and unused minutes will rollover indefinitely).  You can purchase long distance calling cards from many gas stations and convenience stores (not from Public Mobile) which can offer better per-minute rates if you choose wisely.

Discover all your free local wifi hotspots and stop paying $$$ for cellular data, lol, if you desperately need real data then it would likely work out cheaper to install home internet service capable of much more than slowish LTE speeds and a puny 12GB limit.  Don't let things like Facebook and WoW sink your bank, they're not really worth it.

Your service will probably be suspended within one or two days of the payment-overdue date.  Your phone number will not be lost unless you leave the account suspended for over 90 days, though you will then have to pay up all balance owing to reactivate it - another good reason to choose a cheaper plan now.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It'll expire on day one. It's a prepaid service, so you have to pay in advance to have service.
Need Help? Let's chat.