cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What "dumb phone" (non-smart phone) works with PM sim cards?

moonbend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am looking to get a "dumb phone" aka a phone that isn't a "smart phone."

Does anyone know which phone models work with PM Sim Cards?

Thanks so much in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@moonbend 

I got a Alcatel GO Flip phone 3 years ago for a senior in my family.

There are 2 flip phones listed on the PM Certified Pre-owned phones for sale.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/phone-section

@moonbend 

if you do purchase a CPO phone from PM, your purchase is protected with a 1 year warranty and you have up to 30 days to return if you're not satisfied with it.

I believe it'll come with a new sim also.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@moonbend give us the model you are considering and we can check for you.  Generally if it works on Telus or Bell, it will work here

Better to make sure the phone compatible on both 3G and 4G networks.  Here are the bands PN uses

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

@moonbend 

PM have a TCL flip phone so you will look like Raymond Reddington on the Blacklist.😉

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No one here is going to list the many models that would work here. This link shows what the phone needs to have.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/check-your-phones-compatibility

Or find a make and model you might be interested in and we can tell you if it would work. Full make and model. Not just Nokia Android or whatever.

@moonbend 

Virtually any flip-phone which can house a standard SIM card (likely not micro or nano sized), will work here.

You may wish to 'try' the SIM card in the device before purchasing it to ensure it works.   This should be rather easy.   Ensure calling and texting works (both in and out) before handing over the modest sum of money this device should cost.

moonbend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

to clarify: I am looking for a basic phone (like an old flip phone) with which I can use my PM sim card 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.