cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when monthly plan amount hits $0?

PM10Plan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I grabbed the $10 plan a few years ago as it was a good plan for my brother to use as an emergency cell phone. I thought it would be a nice Christmas gift every year to pay for the phone service for the year. Over time, with the giveaways, etc. there's around 2400 minutes and 4gb data. 

So now, with autopay, $1 annual loyalty reward, and a couple referrals, the plan is down to $3 a month. I guess I'll give him something in addition to the plan for Christmas. Anyway, what happens when the plan amount hits $0? Is that even possible?

I'm really glad I jumped on that plan when I did. It's perfect for his use. And, really, who has a cell plan for $3 a month.

10 REPLIES 10

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@PM10Plan  my available balance is from Community rewards and $20 referral bonus.

My next renewal (Dec 31st)..PM is paying me $11 😁

Screenshot_20201209_122859.jpg

@PM10Plan  mines at zero till almost 2023 😁 just enjoy it! Congratulations 👏🎉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benfatto wrote:

@PM10Plan  Add the TextNow app and you can call/text for free on wifi. Great companion, and backup, for the $10 plan. 

With all the free minutes gifts the past couple years one doesn't even need voip as a backup. But definitely useful if out of country or a cell outage.

@mimmo wrote:

Yes it's possible. Once you reach 0 it's free. If rewards are greater than plan cost then your account balance will start to increase.  But brvwe earned this is a bug. Rules state max regards given should be equal to plan cost, 

I would not really call that a glitch as rewards can go up and down each month as referrals drop off or get added.  Might accumulate a few dollars one month and then use it the next month.  Public Mobile accounts are definitely not savings accounts.  There is no withdrawal mechanism.  🤔

@benfatto wrote:

@PM10Plan  Add the TextNow app and you can call/text for free on wifi. Great companion, and backup, for the $10 plan. 

An even better option is to pair a cheap data plan with the $10/$15 plan in a dual SIM phone.  

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM10Plan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LOL. No, he's not a senior. He just doesn't talk much and never texts. All the same, he's happy to have the phone (my old iPhone) for when it's cold and the car breaks down, or his better half calls him to pick up milk. Funny thing is, I'm not sure he'd pay the $3 if I told him to take over management of the plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PM10Plan : It's a great plan for low use folks. Don't call me senior! Nor do I have a flip phone! And this stupid year, lots of people are in low use.

It's a whole marketing spiel here. Autopay, loyalty are easy. Refer a friend you gotta work a little. Community you gotta work a lot more. But yes you can get it so you don't pay any more real money for your cell service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes it's possible. Once you reach 0 it's free. If rewards are greater than plan cost then your account balance will start to increase.  But brvwe earned this is a bug. Rules state max regards given should be equal to plan cost, 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@PM10Plan wrote:

Hi There,

I grabbed the $10 plan a few years ago as it was a good plan for my brother to use as an emergency cell phone. I thought it would be a nice Christmas gift every year to pay for the phone service for the year. Over time, with the giveaways, etc. there's around 2400 minutes and 4gb data. 

So now, with autopay, $1 annual loyalty reward, and a couple referrals, the plan is down to $3 a month. I guess I'll give him something in addition to the plan for Christmas. Anyway, what happens when the plan amount hits $0? Is that even possible?

I'm really glad I jumped on that plan when I did. It's perfect for his use. And, really, who has a cell plan for $3 a month.

@PM10Plan  hello one of mine is 0 dollars I don't pay anything 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.