cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do without an e-mail?

Candace_m
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, so, I can't log into my account because I don't have access to the old e-mail and it refuses to verify me by SMS. So, I can't get into the e-mail address to get the verification code. And I can't get a hold of a human to fix the issue. Their solution for me not being able to log into my account is to send me an e-mail when a service rep is available. And then I have 15 minutes to respond to an e-mail I can't receive.

Honestly, this is so ridiculous. Is the solution really just to find a new service provider and transfer my phone number? 

12 REPLIES 12

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How did you transfer out when it appeared your account was suspended? Did you already know your account number or did you use IMEI? Did you get the text from here on this sim to confirm the transfer? Are you able to receive calls on the new service?

The workarounds offered were to be able to receive the SMS to be able log in. The support people are the only ones to change the email anyway at the end of the day.

Candace_m

I appreciate the help and I don't want to sound ungrateful at all. But the workarounds seem needlessly inconvenient? In the end, I found it easier just to transfer my phone number to a different company than muck around with their ticket system to change my e-mail. It's just not worth the effort when I found a similar plan elsewhere for a similar price. Thanks though, I really do appreciate the time you took!

@Candace_m- You still have the other options available. Vouchers are available in lots of stores. A couple places online. The real time payments are only just a couple stores. Then you can use 611 for the vouchers. No pin needed. Or the chatbot. Lots of workarounds 🙂

Adding - when you get going again then the SMS option will work for the account login and then you can change the card for next time.

Candace_m

It's a cancelled credit card and I have to replace it so, I guess *611 won't work. Seems like a real choice to disable my account for a brief non-payment and then not really have a good work around for it. Guess I'm stuck waiting for whenever they answer the ticket.

@Candace_m- You can buy vouchers and use 611 to enter them. You can go to some stores and use real time payments. If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can use 611 and your registered credit card to pay. You can also use the chatbot to login to your account and use the registered credit or vouchers there.

Adding - It's why we ask the questions. So try some of these options if you like while you wait for support to get back to you.

Candace_m

Thank you, I appreciate knowing why it's doing that. I'm assuming the account was suspended because my credit card payment didn't go through? There's some sort of irony that I can't log in to pay them because I didn't pay them! haha but I've finally opened a ticket so hopefully it'll be fine. 

Hi @Candace_m you don't get the sms option because your account is suspended.  

Open ticket with PM cs Agent to reset the My Account login

Candace_m

It doesn't even give me an option to verify by SMS – just by e-mail. That's really the problem!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Candace_m since you cannot login to My Account now because of an old email, get a new email address first and open ticket with CS Agent to get the email changed 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. First type: "Forgot log in information"
  2. Then Click "Contact Us"
  3. Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Candace_m    You don't see a message also from customer support in the message box top right next to your avatar?  You should be able to interact with CS_Agent via private messaging and ask them to change the email address.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you have the sim? Are your services working? If so then the SMS should work.

Need Help? Let's chat.