cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does it Take for a Moderator to Actually Look at a Post?

RyanRF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

WRITING ALL IN CAPS?

A joke? 

A quirky title?

A story about how you're a bad husband? 

I've seen people do all of those with different rates of success.  Some getting help within hours, others waiting days or weeks. 

I have the exact same story as the bad husband guy; port worked for me but not my wife.  We have the same phone, coming from the same company, both had the same plan.  I guess I got lucky while my wife pulled the proverbial PM short stick. 

She's been charged and has been without any kind of service for 4 days now.  Can't receive calls from work, where they regularly call her for on-call shifts; can't call anyone; can't even send or receive texts. 

PM'd mods twice, which haven't been read.  Tried them on Facebook.  Tagged them in posts. 

So, maybe this thread will get noticed and she can finally get some help and get her phone working.

If it doesn't we'll probably try again, maybe next time all in caps.

15 REPLIES 15

Mastadon
Yea, been using the Rogers one waiting for a mod to port since Nov 17. I understand there are others waiting longer though....

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
lol that's crazy. Her old sim should still work

Mastadon
She threw it cause no inbound calls... Luckily we had her old Nexus 5 as a backup.

Rockdaddy22
Lol please explain. Why would you have to by a new phone, that doesn't even make sense. @Mastadon

Mastadon
I tried to port my pregnant wifes phone.. let's just say I need to buy her a new phone now. Thanks PM.

Rockdaddy22
I don't believe that for a second:( You can mention those words all you want, it doesn't help. It might be a coincidence but that's it.

For a frustrated customer, you can use certain 4 letter ancronyms that both start with the letter "C".  Don't worry - they're not bad words.  I'm sure that @kav2001c gets this joke.

In all seriousness, there appears to be some types of "buzzwords" that get flagged by the system.  Because I mentioned one of them in a post, I got contacted by a moderator to assist me even though I didn't ask for it, and I have no problems with my account!

I know my response is rather cyrptic, but if you can figure it what those buzzwords are, you might get a faster response.  Unfortunately, throwing around those words if it's unwarranted in the specific situation could actually backfire (could make Public less eager to help depending on how you word things).

Wisteria
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @RyanRF

I definitely understand how frustrating the wait can be. I started a port on Nov 16 and had similiar issues with service. I sent messages in the hopes that it would be sorted out but the wait was still quite lengthy due to the backlog and how immensely popular this promotion has been. However, yesterday, a mod finally got back to me and now everything is working. I can only offer some suggestions on what I did, and hopefully it will be of some help to your wife and you.

1) The issue with my porting seemed to have started with a wrong account number. Silly, I know. I had ported over 3 lines in total, 2 from Fido and 1 from Wind. The one from Wind worked in a few hours but the 2 lines from Fido could not work. At the time I had 4 lines in total with Fido under one account number and I thought that all 4 had the SAME account. Turns out, that wasn't the case. For some reason Fido had 2 lines under one account, and then the remaining two had different account numbers. I found this system very weird but it was what it was. My only suggestion on this is to make absolutely sure the account number on your wife's line is correct so that when a mod gets back to you, the issue is solved immediately and there isn't any back-and-forth delays. You can even call in to your carrier and have a rep confirm (just in case).

2) When you message the mods, try to put the date of when the issue started in the title of the message. I put in that I had not been receiving any calls since Nov 16 and that seemed to have helped. The mods are probably working through the line and prioritizing the ones who have been waiting longest (I know there have been some people waiting even longer) so my suggestion is to put the day into the title to better help mods see your message and realize your wait time.

I hope someone gets back to you soon. I know how devastating it can be when you can't receive those important calls from work!

@RyanRF  sorry to hear that there is just so much stuff here and isn't all that organized just making sure you had seen it.  Hope you get taken care of soon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RyanRF
@ShawnC13 we did all that and still no service.
We've been reading every post about how someone got theirs to work and doing everything we hadn't already tried.

Titanmowgli

RyanRF, I am in the same boat - I was able to port successfully, my wife has ported but with no access to calling, texting, or data.  Her previous service provider has also stopped her service, so she is stuck in port limbo.

I hope that the mods will help this issue soon.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RyanRF not sure if you are in the same situation as this member.  He found away to get himself up and running  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow, that's a really screwed up situation to be in. My friend was in the same situation as your wife, for 3 days though. I'd say be patient, that there's a backlog, and the mods will get to your wife's case asap, they got to his. But we're both unemployed millenials, not actual adults with actual responsibilites, us asking you to be patient is rather stupid. I REALLY do hope this gets resolved quickly by the mods.

RyanRF

No; old provider cut it off after the port and she has no service all. 

Phone won't even connect to the PM network after following all the instruction. 

Also, it is an unlocked phone.

Rockdaddy22
Let's hope it gets solved this week. Does her old sim still work?
Need Help? Let's chat.